Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus seeds - fyi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly mine did best in a real cold window everyone that was in that window sprouted and it was as low as -15 F sometimes at night.....granted it is 70 inside but the window temp itself was real cold

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

and now that i think of it it was poor lighting too as they were in and around all my big nepenthes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    While true when small amounts of seed are donated, this fall there were over 30 pkts of seed in the store.

A reliable source is a good thing as well as time-of-year to ensure you're getting fresh seed (typically fall in the Northern hemisphere & 6 months from that in the South). Patience is a very good trait when growing Cephs from seed ...

Great to hear that people are getting germination!! Maybe someday we'll figure out why some folks struggle with these seeds ...
    Fall eh, I did not know that. My experience is showiing, or lack of,

Better to try and stuggle than never trying at all, LOL. Stuggle equals gaining experience for next time. Yeah, can't be happy growing CPs if no patience, but the rewards are awsome Easy for me as I love watching the babies grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is one of mine i recieved from ICPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're still growing well so I figured I'd grab an updated pic - last time I counted, there were over 30 of the little guys. I'm still seeing 1-2 new germinations every week or two...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a wonderful sight, good job!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look great! I'm still jealous - mine still haven't sprouted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is truly a great sight to see. It seems like I haven't seen enough seed-grown Cephalotus in my days.

I'd love to trade you for one of these in the future when they get decent sized. I've yet to have a Cephalotus survive for me. Maybe a seed-grown individual would have a better chance at survival.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    That is truly a great sight to see. It seems like I haven't seen enough seed-grown Cephalotus in my days.
    True - it seems not that many people get their plants to flower & even fewer get seed to germinate ... what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    I'd love to trade you for one of these in the future when they get decent sized. I've yet to have a Cephalotus survive for me. Maybe a seed-grown individual would have a better chance at survival.
    I doubt a sg plant would change whatever is wrong with your conditions. Either way, I don't plan to keep these much longer ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    I suspect that this little pot may find its way into the NASC auction this spring ...
    Better to plan on winning the bidding or negotiate w/ the winner ...

I grew several seedling to adulthood a few years back (still have one - hopefully should flower this year). Over the last year, I've gathered up several different clones - as they mature I hope to do some crossing and get some interesting genetic diversity with my seedlings & see if anything interesting pops up ....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast