Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes giveaway for excellent moral standing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once stopped a guy from being beaten because he was gay when I was in HS....and people hated me for it, which is sad.

Interesting idea for a givaway...I like it.

I'll go with 66
    Last edited by Exo; 09-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support Ron Paul's philosophy of Liberty. Well, it's not his philosophy, it goes back centuries.

The philosophy of Liberty basically says one person or group of person's has no right to limit another person or group of person's liberties (Life, Liberty, Property). This includes LGBT and all of the other letters in the alphabet. It's when you try to pick and choose which liberties you want to support and which you do not, when unintended consequences occur. Which is where we are today. All pitted against each other based upon our differences, when neither side has a right to interfer with a damn thing the other is doing. As long as you are not causing harm to another's Life, Liberty, or Property in the process then it is virtuous in society. May or may not be virtuous to yourself (ie: as in the drug issue), but it's your right to choose and no others.

If people would support this philosophy in full faith, you would probably see alot of these issues go away.

OK, getting off political rant.

Don't want the plants. It is a very generous offer though. Kudos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need/want more plants, but I totally just wanted to say that this is an incredible idea and you're marvelous for this <3.

I've always been a friend to the LBGT community-
    In highschool, I was in the GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance), and participated on every Day of Silence that was held.
    I had a friend who was homosexual and shunned by his mother for it. My dad, who is at times intolerably homophobic, took him in for about half a year, and my family thought of him as their son/brother.
    I wear pins and bumper stickers and internet banners. I sign any and every petition for rights that I come across. I have zero tolerance for anyone that says "[something] is so gay."
    Today, my best friend for life is gay, and a victim of sexual abuse- and he's done alot for both of those communities, including donation drives. My best friend in the city is bi. She'll never be able to tell her grandparents and father, and it was/is even more difficult for them because her fiance is in the Navy. But her mother, and I, and all her friends, support her and her fiance.
    Myself, and my boyfriend, are unable to define our sexualities. We are simply open, and together we love and support each other by whatever that means <3.

I was inspired by my late cousin Sam, who was a champion for the underdogs. After a lot of fighting, he was the one to bring the first GSA to his highschool district. He did so much for human, gay, female, and political rights.

"Dear America, when you tell gay Americans that they can't serve their country openly, or marry the person that they love, you're telling that to kids, too. So don't be shocked, and wonder where all these bullies are coming from that are torturing young kids, and driving them to kill themselves because they're different. They learned it from watching you." - Sarah Silverman

Before They Know by Stratopharius

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of ya Zu.... I dont need the plants, but kudos to you hon...

fighting urge to post team gina's butch video and say i was their inspiration.... cant tease ya when you're all giving and saint like, dang woman... ;-)

The culture of giving we have at TF is truly unique in the CP forums

Proud of ya, it's not always widely known but youre one of the most giving of us all :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thez_yo, first off - thanks for your generously!

While on active duty in the Army I helped my friend for over ten years deal with his sexual orientation and the conflicting feelings he had and not being able to live his life freely and openly because of the military's "don't ask don't tell" policy. It was very difficult for him and it didn't have to be.... I am glad to see the the military is now doing away with this ridiculous policy.

I'll go with 89...

Thanks again for being a real inspiration to this community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love the nep's, and I should have plantlets and seeds to give away soon.
    I've befriended seven or so LGBTs in high school. They never really hung around me, but whenever they needed someone to talk to about their problems and feelings to, I was there. I can remember quite a few nights that I was up on the phone past midnight trying to keep one of them from committing suicide (The southeast USA is not a friendly place to people who aren't straight). I can't recall ever using words like 'gay' or 'fag' as slurs, nor have I ever treated anyone differently because of their sexual orientation.
    I won't say that I'm in excellent moral standing though- one of the ways I helped was by beating people up who took the harassment too far. It helped stop them, so I don't regret doing it!
    It's great that this community is so friendly and accepting towards people who are a bit outside of the norm, and thanks for this themed giveaway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome idea!

I'm an art major, so I'm naturally very friendly towards the LGBT community. I offer to model for their paintings and photos, donate my artwork for benefit auctions when I can, and protested an awful law the VA governor tried to pass. My girlfriend's sister is gay and married, and they're one of the most awesome couple's I've met.

I choose 7.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey. i have not had any contact with people of this practice, though i wouldnt mind. just that simple. i am not going to sit here and write a long untrue story (absolutely not saying that anybody on here is.) besides, i am not even 15 yet and haven't really been in the real world. just sayin. anyway my number is 9.
    "Be quiet! The plants will hear y... noooooo!" 'chomp - burp!'

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast