Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes giveaway for excellent moral standing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I choose 24 because it sounds cool. Thanks for the try. In case I win I will tell you the person to ship to since i dont live in the U.S.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since I'm in high school I know a lot of bullying goes on about sexual orientation and it makes me sad. I know several people in my school who are homosexual and are very nice people but everybody excludes them just due to their sexual orientation. I try to be friends with them and help out if there being picked on. I hope people will realize it dosent matter if your gay it's your personality that counts not your sexual orientation.
    I choose 13 since it's my lucky number and thanks thez for this amazing giveaway!
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In high school, I was an active member of my school's gay-straight alliance, and became president for one year. Together, we went to GSA summits, participated in Day of Silence, night of noise, and even made an informative video for our entire school.
    Currently, I fight homophobia at work, consistently butting heads with customers and coworkers, offering up viewpoints they may not have thought of. It feels good to know that you've changed a manly trucker's world view somewhat.
    I also donate my time to Basic Rights Oregon, an lgbtq rights organization, calling out got donations and to spread the word about rallies.
    Lastly, and this I feel is just as important as anything, I am always here for my friends, lgbtq or otherwise.
    Sorry to be long winded, just my experience.
    Oh, my number! 47, if you please.
    Thanks so much for your generosity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhh what does the q stand for

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really have any personal stories to share, because people are pretty accepting where I live. I do support LGBT rights where I can and my sister is the president of the "bridges" chapter at my school, and I attend meetings.

Also, I'm currently watching "My little pony". Bronies for life!

Great thing you're doing here, thez, and kudos to the winner... They deserve it.

I choose 11 because 11 is awesome.

Happy growing!
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is wonderful Thez_yo! It's great to see so many people standing up for the LGBT community =)
    I was very lucky to grow up in a place where being different wasn't dangerous for you. I've always had LGBT friends, and I grew up pretty unaware of how bad the discrimination is because everyone was so accepting. When we moved I realized that was not necessarily the norm, and there were actually a lot of really ignorant people who said and did terrible things. I do spend a lot of time trying to make people think about the hurtful things they say, and I know it has helped at least a couple people open their eyes and see they were being very mean.
    This year was my first time IN the pride parade, which was totally awesome. I was a purple bat (with the goth float). I will be volunteering my bat skills again next year for sure, but this time probably as a green bat =)
    I choose 18. And thanks again for making such an awesome giveaway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Help stamp out intolerance." One of the best and funniest things I've read while driving.

My own views on this issue are so blurred I can't even see anything but grey. I've had a lot of great opportunities with this. I live in Utah, I love it here don't get me wrong and don't diss my home, but some people need to recognize that some things are out of our control. I have helped a few of my best friends decide not to find out just how mortal they are. Saddest time ever is when you find out that your friend is gay and they are already at the point of their own gun. I love my friends, and I wish I could have been there at that pivotal moment for all of them. Unfortunately, I can't be everywhere.

"Help educate intolerance." Before it is too late for someone else...

I've got plenty of neps for the time being, but thanks for the generosity and opportunity.

EDIT: aparently I actually do have reason to throw out a number... let's go 70
    Last edited by antechron; 09-04-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: true

Smile, it makes people nervous :) MH1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great idea Thez- shame I can't enter it due to not living in the US. I live in a pretty accepting place, so I have no real stories of chivalry or anything. Being in the equivalent of high school, I (sadly) know a few people that are homophobic, but I always make a point of discussing with them and persuading them to be more accepting. I think people really need to be challenged in this area. It's just a blind fear of the unknown combined with the feeling of power to those who can socially oppress another group. Many people don't discriminate, but are prejudiced (a fine line between)- prejudice is silent, but causes rifts in society, and I think that's the true final hurdle.

Well done Thez, this is a really positive thread!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast