Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes giveaway for excellent moral standing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes giveaway for excellent moral standing

Giveaway for the U.S. only.. will ship potted for the smaller ones possibly, but really just want to ship bare-root. I'll cover shipping costs so this will cost you nothing, other than your address should you win.

As one of the few groups who actively get hunted down and beaten near or to death still in this country, I'm making a Nepenthes give-away for those people who have actively supported LGBT issues in their community or abroad. For those of you who have, please don't be afraid to stand up and write a little something about if you donated to a charity, volunteered at a support group, lent moral support for a friend coming out, or just tried to reason with someone who is homophobic. I know it seems a little weird to write a one-liner about something like 'I told someone to stop calling things they didn't like 'gay'', but in some places, that's unfortunately a very scary thing to do.

So that I'm not playing some sort of 'god' choosing the best moral character, when you reply also pick a number between 1 and 100 - whoever guesses correctly will get a box full of Nepenthes 'Peter D'Amato' (lowii x ventricosa, go to cpphotofinder for history), Nepenthes 'Troth' (Sam Estes hybrid - (thorelii x maxima) x (veitchii x (maxima x veitchii))), Nepenthes truncata 'reddish leaves' (A.Wistuba clone), and Nepenthes muluensis (A.Wistuba clone).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's incredibly generous! All these plants will go to a single person?
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup.. don't want to pack up multiple boxes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the moment you said "Excellent moral standing" kicked me out of the running.

Good luck to those who participate!
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I choose 32. I have several friend who are homosexual. I lend moral support never ridiculing or cindisending towards them. Even went to drag show with several friends a few years ago. Had a blast. We are all humans and sexual orrientation doesn't have anything to do with friends or people's right to be happy.

I find myself to be in good moral standings. I am a nurse by trade and show compassion to my patient no matter the sexual orientation or background. In fact I think I go above and beyond and dig a lil deeper than most to find out problem that could be easily overlooked.

I hope to be chosen but will let the chips fall where they may. Thank thez!! For the chance.

I would absolutely love the redisj leaves truncata! Agh to drool for
    Last edited by JB_OrchidGuy; 09-03-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thez, I just wanted to say thank you for doing this. As the friend and sibling of people in the LGBT community, I've seen the kind of violence and bigotry these people face on a daily basis. I wouldn't begin to know how I would find space for all these plants, so I don't want to enter. I just felt the need to say thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see people coming out of the woodwork... no problem, figured being a good person gets some rewards too

Oh, in case nobody guesses the actual number, whoever is closest will get the plants. And if it's a tie... um, *don't* tell me what your favorites are and I'll split up the plants as evenly as possible randomly to the tied parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my son is gay and my family never had a problem with it,we get along with all his friends,and support his life style,just want him to be happy
    the number is 4

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast