User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drosera anglica for the sake of activism.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For grins and chuckles, taken yesterday:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anglica seed

It would be great to get some seeds for my small collection of CPs. I'm new on the CP scene. Members of this forum have been so generous with all the giveaways. When I am able I will have my own giveaway too. Would like to establish a small collection in a small wetland area on my acreage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all of the dews I have on my growlist, this species is yet to make it to my collection. So, I'd also like to try for your giveaway.

Just off the top of my head.. here's an example of my own conservation efforts. http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127295

pS.. I want the same chance as everyone else. But I'm sure you've gotten in on some of my giveaways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people consider sportsmen to be the ultimate enviromental conservationists. I am now 27 years old and have been hunting since I was twelve and fishing since I was born. Through the money given to the game comission, they purchase game lands and improve natural habitat for everyone to enjoy. I am also a member of Ducks Unlimited. Together with member donations they are the single largest buyer of protected wetlands. I have donated both time and money to them. I have built nesting boxes for wood ducks for them. I also donate funds to other oranizations such as Whitetails Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, and the Rockey Mountain Elk Foundation. All of these organizations have purchased massive amounts of land for all to enjoy, hunter, fisherman, or not. I always donate what I can when I can, be it time or money. Not to mention purchasing plants from Meadowview when I can to help their cause.
    I would love the opportunity to grow some dews from your seed and spread plants around when they're grown. Thank You!
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well heck, in that case...
    Years ago, I made a $2500.00 donation to the USDA, in the name of plant smuggling.
    Unfortunately, it was a fine and I was the smuggler.
    It was my first import and I had a permit, but I failed to specify a specific USDA port, and was waiting for my stickers.
    The guy in Malaysia whom I was importing from(mature N. sanguinea "giant red" and N. ramispina), decided it would be easier on him to write "Children's Toys" on the box and ship it.
    It got sniffed out by beagles in Indianapolis and I got visited by agents. I thought it was cool once I explained what happened, and then I got a letter.
    I called the agents and one said I did not have a leg to stand on and the other said I was getting screwed. I talked to my lawyer, and he said the $$ to research a defense would proabably exceed $2500. I was going to represent myself, but if the judge decided I was in the wrong, the fine could actually go as high as 10K.
    I decided to bite the bullet and pay.
    So hopefully my fine went to a good cause in plant protection.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry the only thing I can do is recycle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stories and anecdotes from all! I will leave this thread open until Wednesday the 21st to accumulate interested parties. (or sooner if it dies quickly)
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was an intern at Meadowview. Need I say more?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast