What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
****UPDATE****9/26/2011****UPDATE****

-Took the jar and had it counted today. I decided to leave a hint.

***If you are under $100, you might want to edit your total again.***

Let's up the stakes. My N. hamata is in need of trimming. I have not tried this yet, but want to attempt air-layering a nep. To the person that gets the correct amount in dollars (forget the change) will get a air-layered N. hamata.

****End Update****

Lets make a game to win some free seeds.

I will be sending seeds to the person that comes closest to the correct answer.

coins.jpg

coins2.jpg

Guess how much money is in the jar. Easy enough....

Seeds:
- Sarracenia oreophila
- Sarracenia leucophylla
- Drosera aliciae

UPDATE
- Nepenthes hamata (Air-layer or cutting?) - For exact dollar amount.

- US only.

- You are allowed 1 guess.

- This game will end October 1st and the winner will be contacted to get the address to ship the seeds to.

:scratch:

Last edited:
$63.47

ok Guess #2--$148.87

Last edited:
$162.40

Last edited:
I'll guess! Umm.. 44.59

$184.23

Last edited:
$136

Last edited:

Last edited:
Revised: $115.04!!!

Last edited:
A 12 oz can of beer is 12 by 6 cm. Judging by the photo, the jar is about twice as wide and a bit taller (say 1.5 times) than the can (at the point where the coins are).. That means the radius of the cylinder is 6 cm, so pi x (36) = 113 times the height (18) = 2000 cubic centimeters, or two liters.

A penny has a volume of .36 cubic centimeters. Assuming perfect fit, this would equal about 5550 pennies or $55.50 . A pretty liberal estimate is that only 80% of the space is used, which would equal $44.40. That would be the absolute least. (and a lot of people have guessed below it! :lol:)

But we know for sure there are other coins! :) I'm going to guess $140 for reasons that are too illogical to get into now.

Last edited:
Revised:
$143

Last edited:
Revised

$156.56

Last edited:
$132

This should be fun.

Last edited:
A 12 oz can of beer is 12 by 6 cm. Judging by the photo, the jar is about twice as wide and a bit taller (say 1.5 times) than the can (at the point where the coins are).. That means the radius of the cylinder is 6 cm, so pi x (36) = 113 times the height (18) = 2000 cubic centimeters, or two liters.

A penny has a volume of .36 cubic centimeters. Assuming perfect fit, this would equal about 5550 pennies or $55.50 . A pretty liberal estimate is that only 80% of the space is used, which would equal $44.40. That would be the absolute least. (and a lot of people have guessed below it! :lol:)

But we know for sure there are other coins! :) I'm going to guess $140 for reasons that are too illogical to get into now.
All I can say is WOW. Thats deep. :0o:

$125 and one penny..

$169.83 by my educated swag eyeballing.

Back