What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bhut Jolokia seeds, yeah baby she's hot

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Real and very wicked!!!

Free with SASPE (small self addressed padded envelope) probably stick 4 stamps on envelope just to be safe.

10 groups of 5 uber fresh seeds (harvested this week)... excellent pedigree and organically grown.

These were pollinated with other Bhut Jolokia only.

Difficult plants... see info: http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/files/tiny_mce/file_manager/SpecialBhutJolokiaInst.pdf

1 pack limit and no reselling on ebay.

Enjoy, something a little different.
Av

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ELN1BxqpjFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLtEq9R2fjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tzludu3CSaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I'd love in on this! I've been looking to get some ghost chillies for a long time now! But only put me on the list if they could grow on my rack under my t5's because it is nearing winter here in nyc.
Thanks!

Doom, i dont know about indoors... these are a rather big bush mate.... it's your call,

I figured most would start them indoors about January and transfer outside with the temps are right.

I can tell ya these are a royal pain to germinate and grow while young...

Av

Oh well if they can be started indoors and then transfered outside thatys great. I didnt want them to become unviable inthat time. But that would work really well.

Have you ever eaten one raw? How would you describe it if you have.. Also, do they get close to their potential in these climates? Thanks

I'm very excited to try these, and even more pleased I invested in a heat mat recently! Thanks, and I'll make sure I give away any seeds I might get from em. Any tips on how you got them to produce seed easily?
1.vbkid

think pyroclastic flow :p

I just had 4 plants next to each other... no other peppers around. Not a heavy fruiting.... but enough to pass on some seed and make some great salsa.

Sign me up. One of my friends is a real Chili Head and should be able to grow 'em in his greenhouse.
1. vbkid
2. Not a Number

hehehe will do Warren, Ill see if i cant send ya a little bit of dried flesh too.... ;)

1. vbkid
2. Not a Number
3. Doomsday

1. vbkid
2. Not a Number
3. Doomsday
4. GrowinOld... Hotts a good thing Butch! Thanks!

[I remember you posting some pics of when you were growing these, but didn't remember seeing them giving up the fruit. Would have liked to see YOU eating one too!] I also was curious what you thought of the taste & heat, and if you thought they indeed got near their potential potency/heat.

These are so wicked, and the oil doesnt wash off... trust me, I learned the hard way.

use gloves LOL

Omg I have turned into such a woo woo. It would be cool to grow some, but my kids sure would get in them and that would be desastetous.

Omg I have turned into such a woo woo. It would be cool to grow some, but my kids sure would get in them and that would be desastetous.

Bet theyd only get into them once. :evil:

How cold hardy are they? I have some people who could use some more fire in their food :p

Doomsday you are prolly right but at 7 and 4 and a 11 month old. I am sure something that hot could hurt their tender skin.

How cold hardy are they? I have some people who could use some more fire in their food :p

ummmm how cold is cold?..... they prefer above 70 me thinks, they dropped their leaves when it started getting cool around here (low 60's at night)

On a side note, for those of you with invaders.... :eek:

I use my leftover hot peppers (Habanero's up until now) to mix up an animal repellent spray. Keeps away deer, racoons, chipmunks, etc. & is harmless to the plants (from what I have experienced). I have used it on my outdoor CP's (Sarrs, VFT's) along with all the other garden plants for a number of years now, with no bad results at all.

(I wonder if it works on soil invaders too!? Mmmm! Next years experiment perhaps!)

Just a thought to share with those of you who don't like hot peppers much, but have had issues with garden CP eaters! Even spraying it on the pots & surrounding area helps. But do be warned, as Butch mentioned, touching something with it on it, & then touching your eyes, is a real wake-up experience!

:water:

1. vbkid
2. Not a Number
3. Doomsday
5. i<3carnivores

Thank you so much Butch for yet more generosity! :-D
My Dad's gonna love me but Mom's not so much... :angel:

1. vbkid
2. Not a Number
3. Doomsday
5. I<3carnivores
6. Zacham3

Thanks!

Back