What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've been hinting at this for a bit now, but it's time to go ahead and get this out before weather starts to become an issue. I got a major leg up early in my cp growing by being on the receiving end of a number of small giveaways. I want to give back by doing two big giveaways.

What will be in each of the two packages:
A small Drosera capensis
A plug of Utricularia longifolia
A plug of Utricularia bisquamata
A portion of Utricularia gibba
A small Pinguicula monteczumae
2-3 small Pinguicula primuliflora
A (bare-) rooted cutting of Nepenthes x "ventrata"
Note: have pots ready, all will be shipped without media to cut down on costs.

Here are the stipulations:
- US only. Sorry but I don't know how to do this internationally.
- I will pay shipping :D
- You must have joined TF within the last 6 months.
- Strong preference given to anyone that does not currently grow the above species
- On the honor system, do a giveaway sometime in the next year

To enter:
- Reply here with a link to your growlist or point out which of the above species you already have.
- Send me a PM with your address to expedite shipping.

I will pick two winners sometime Sunday evening (10/23) and ship out the following Wednesday.

Last edited:
Hi,
I joined TF in August 2011 and I have D. capensis and U. gibba on your list. I will pm you my address. Thanks for the opportunity.

Hi I'd like to be entered in this very generous giveaway
I don't have any of those *quietly sobs*
Il pm my addy
Thank you so much, I have always envied your plants (thats me shamelessly kissin up but it's true)

Last edited:
Hey Phys,

My grow list is in my sig and you'll find that the only species within that list that I own is the D. capensis. Thanks for the generosity!

- Mat

PM has been sent, I would really like to have any of the plants that you are offering, but i already have a couple nepenthes, so i would like any of the others to try, and i would really like to try to Drosera capensis, drosera in general has a sense of awe, about them. Thanks

I'm very interested in the U. bisquamata.

hi joined tf in july have capensis seedlings and thats all on your list aside from that have a few other dews and couple flytraps thanks for the oppurtunity

im interested, but im such a noob that im not entirely sure how trades work. is there a thread for that? if it involves giving your address to the person over the internet, i doubt my parents will approve...mabey i will be able to convince them to let me in on this givaway... Anyways, the only thing i have on that list is the cape sunder, though i could probably get a P. monteczumae with a cutting of my science teachers plant ( he has a cape sunder, a Nepenthes (the species i cant remember), and the ping. its nice of you to be doin this givaway, i am definitely interested.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

sun-DERP! min, idid it twice:-))
anyone else notice that Peter D Amato makes that mistake several times on his website? Sunder...:jester:

Hi Phys..
I joined in 10-06-2009, so i pm you my adds..
I love :
A small Pinguicula monteczumae
2-3 small Pinguicula primuliflora
A (bare-) rooted cutting of Nepenthes x "ventrata"

kamsia..

hi, thanks for this wonderful oppurtunity!
I currently dont grow any of the above species, i used to have some drosera capensis seedlings but i gave them to my little cousin who was intrested in cp's lol
thanks again for this oppurtunity! :)

Joined May 2011, only plants on your list that I am currently growing are U. longifolia and Drosera capensis "All red". Would love to try some of the other especially the pings.
Thanks for your consideration of my application. PM coming when I complete this message.

If only I had a place to put the plants :-( No south window sill or terrarium or greenhouse :cry:

Could only take the capensis, and it's the only plant I have on the list! (I think... they're both "weeds")

And the winners are... BOB and cpsammich!

Have few 2" pots ready to go with 1:1 sand to peat. I'm shooting to have these out in the mail tomorrow.

To those that didn't win this time, fear not... the empty spots in my propagation trays won't stay empty for long...

Congrats guys!

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!
thank you soooooooo much
Soooooo generous
You da best (along with mass, whimgrinder, gill_za, and limeslide:))

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Oh umm
What mix is the nep in and with how much water, I'd like to keep the conditions stable to avoid shock
Thanks sooo much

Last edited:
Packages went out this afternoon.

CPsammich, as I stated in the giveaway, the Nepenthes was bare-rooted, though I would plant it with the wad of LFS I wrapped it in. I use a lfs: orchid bark: perlite mix.

Oh guess I was not very clear
I meant what what were you using on the momma (not what I said but I meant it)
Ok I'll use that mix, it's obviously working for you

Arrived and potted up today
Thank you soo much

Back