What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli giveaway

I have really enjoyed the variety & frequency of giveaways on TF recently. Some of the new criteria people have used is very cool. Since I'm not very creative, the criteria for this one will be mostly stolen from others & hopefully rewards generosity ... Here we go ...

- this giveaway is open to:
--- anyone who can show they have conducted a public CP giveaway in some form - on the internet (this includes all forums & CP listserver - but not chatbox) - before today.
--- people with USA mailing address

The plant up for grabs is

Heliamphora pulchella - from Chimanta Tepui & is a BCP clone & it is quite small (juvie pitchers)

To enter, simply reply in this thread and include a link to one of your giveaways.

Other stuff - (the fine print):
- if you've won a Heli giveaway in the past 6 months - please don't enter (to give others a chance)
- if you cannot provide something close to the conditions that Heli's need, please have some respect for the plant & abstain
- all eligible names will be placed in a hat & the winner drawn Monday evening
--- the winner will be contacted by PM after the selection and asked for their mailing address
--- with luck, the stars will align and I will ship Tuesday morning
- winner's name will be posted in this thread
- I'll eat postage
- feel free to either post questions here in the thread or email me at
- - - - -
Emailaddressasimage.jpg

- plant is for your personal enjoyment - no ebay sales
- also - if you request it, I'll include a Drosera prolifera in the winner's package.

Thanks for playing :bigthumpup:

:hail: sir I think you just earned yourself the title: the God of CP Bounty... The frequency at which you do giveaways is almost if not unparalleled to any other.

--just a reminder guys...please read the fine print.

Last edited:
Such an amazing offer! Please count me in!

Recently, I gave away 2 heli divisions and am holding the next two for the winners until they root. Here's the thread: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128592

I've also given several things away on an aquarium site that I'm a member of. I can provide references for that if need be. And I have 2 terrariums set up now for Helis that are all thriving!

Thanks again!

And so it came to pass on this day
That the Ron came down from Mount Jersey.
Bearing gifts of Heliamphora and words of wisdom for all to hear.

hehehehehe, Ron is in the house

NK.jpg

hehehe you know I love to tease ya old friend :hail:
(For those of you who dont know Ron, his contributions to the CP community are legendary)

(and just passing thru... )

Last edited:
:-D I don't have anywhere near proper gowing conditions so would never try one, but I do love these plants.

Just wanted to comment on your incredible generosity, and the generosity of others on here. Very refreshing.

Thanks for all of the kind words - I do appreciate them. I've been in the hobby for a number of years and have been the beneficiary of many other's kindness & generosity. It only seems fair that I should try to return those favors when I have the opportunity. Since I have the good fortune to have a reasonable collection, those opportunities happen fairly often ....

:hail: sir I think you just earned yourself the title: the God of CP Bounty... The frequency at which you do giveaways is almost if not unparalleled to any other.
While I do appreciate the kind words, this is really over the top and makes me feel like there is a competition or something (which there isn't --- or if there is, no one told me). In addition, any comparisons tend to denigrate the work of others, which as we all know --- is incredible (ie: who gave us H. butchinensis?). I also feel that we are all also forgetting someone who's generosity the rest of us can only dream about ... but due to some of life's twists & turns, has been mostly absent for the last 18-24 months .... Pyro.

Very generous of you. Not sure if this is valid, but I did a Drosera Intermedia seed giveaway some time after I joined in July. Link here: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128364&highlight=Drosera+Intermedia+SASE
Hey - it fits the criteria -- works for me!

I would love a heli have a small tank all set up for them but never had one http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128854
Mickey, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like your giveaway was started today - which doesn't fit in the guidelines (& now I can't even find it when I click...) (my apologies if I'm making a mistake - I suspect I'll be corrected quickly)

(For those of you who dont know Ron, his contributions to the CP community are legendary)
.... getting pretty deep in here ... :-))

no you are correct I was going to start it this morning but didn't get to it ,anyway it was removed because the flytrap shop has these for sale and it is against the rules to give away what they are selling
I am sending the vft to the 1 person that replied to it since his answer was the closest to the football score(he is the only one that answered)

an other person has offered me a heli so all is well

@ron: you speak the truth... and i stand corrected.

:lol: @ Av8tor. :lol: Oh my gosh I laughed hard at that pic.

That totally is what it's like with a good giveaway! :banana2:

Hi, Can I please get one? I really wanted one for a long time, but no money as a poor student.Thanks a lot

Alex, you need to follow Ron's instructions to be considered for the giveaway.

and good luck,
Av

I'd enter but the giveaways I've done are pretty meager compared to some of the others on here. Just wanted to say kudos to RL7836, and whoever wins, you probably deserve it!

Back