Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seed giveaway

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am about 20 miles west of you in Forest Grove. We have probably bumped into each other at the Saturday Market CP booth and at the local CP nursery open houses? I see they are having another open house in December, but don't know if I will go...burrr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another open house??
    I went to both the August and November open houses this year. Always such beautiful plants

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm... I had no idea they were having another open house..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeds

If u have any seeds left wanna trade? Sarracenia purpurea for your scarlet bell

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it is not advertized on the website home page, I saw it when looking at their calendar to see when they will be at Saturday Market around x-mas, but it does not look like they will be there this year in December. because all they have on the calendar is the open house.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hazedshaman View Post
    If u have any seeds left wanna trade? Sarracenia purpurea for your scarlet bell
    Yeah, I have some left, but not sure a fair trade for purpurea when I don't know the viability of the seed since it is a self-pollinated hybred. I do have cape sundew and filiformis plants and seed and some Dente flytraps to throw in with the sarr seed for a purpurea venosa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all really healthy looking seeds. They still need to be stratified and if stratified for 8 weeks then germination rates are only 80 to 90 percen sometimes it'll take up to 6 months for a seedling to grow. I get some straglers sometimes so I have learned to start seedlings in a huge container and not transfer until 1 2 yrs into growing them. Ill trade a packet of 50 seeds if ya wan80 percent out 50 seeds is still around 40 plants.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hazedshaman View Post
    They are all really healthy looking seeds. They still need to be stratified and if stratified for 8 weeks then germination rates are only 80 to 90 percen sometimes it'll take up to 6 months for a seedling to grow. I get some straglers sometimes so I have learned to start seedlings in a huge container and not transfer until 1 2 yrs into growing them. Ill trade a packet of 50 seeds if ya wan80 percent out 50 seeds is still around 40 plants.
    I live in an area where nature does the stratifying for me, I just put the seed into the bog or a large pot and leave outside for the winter and they germinate and sprout in the spring. This year I had near 100% germination on Darlingtonia seed that way. PM or email me and see what we can work out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12