Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for D.Glanduligera seeds or cutting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, sorry I don't have seeds, and I'm not sure that cuttings of lanata would take so I would hate to send you something that wouldn't be a fair trade.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, my understanding is you want a fast moving species like the snap tentacles on D. glanduligera. Not many people have D. glanduligera because it is a short lived annual growing species and most growers don't take the time to constantly feed the plants to keep them alive.

However you could get D. burmannii which have snap tentacles which clock in as second fastest. D. burmannii is very prolific and spreads easily. Mine got overgrown () by another species and I haven't bothered re-establishing a new colony. I'm not sure I want to . D. burmannii is very common and I'm sure someone can offer you plants. All I have are seed right now.

Most of the South African species will display good movement with the leaves wrapping around large enough prey. South African Drosera like D. capensis, D. aliciae, and D. venusta are quite common. Movement isn't very rapid but if you check every 15-30 minutes you should notice movement. Here's a crummy timelapse (click image to start video):

Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes that is what i am looking for are fast movement plants. (my son thinks its the greatest). i am already receiving burmannii seeds.

do you have any cuttings from ANY drosera or even a baby plant that you would be willing to trade

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, sit tight, your post is only a few hours old. Someone might step up and offer you a D. burmannii plant

Patience is the key

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ever join the ICPS, they always have D.glanduligera in stock.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Ok, my understanding is you want a fast moving species like the snap tentacles on D. glanduligera. Not many people have D. glanduligera because it is a short lived annual growing species and most growers don't take the time to constantly feed the plants to keep them alive.

However you could get D. burmannii which have snap tentacles which clock in as second fastest. D. burmannii is very prolific and spreads easily. Mine got overgrown () by another species and I haven't bothered re-establishing a new colony. I'm not sure I want to . D. burmannii is very common and I'm sure someone can offer you plants. All I have are seed right now.

Most of the South African species will display good movement with the leaves wrapping around large enough prey. South African Drosera like D. capensis, D. aliciae, and D. venusta are quite common. Movement isn't very rapid but if you check every 15-30 minutes you should notice movement. Here's a crummy timelapse (click image to start video):

I too had been on the lookout for the seeds of Glanduligera lately. If any of you guys have the seeds, please do let me know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the ICPS seedbank. Membership has it's own rewards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Griffin View Post
    If you ever join the ICPS, they always have D.glanduligera in stock.
    Currently 157 packets ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast