Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YAY! Female N thorelli X campunalata flower NEED POLLEN ASAP

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY! Female N thorelli X campunalata flower NEED POLLEN ASAP

Turns out that one of my christmas presents arrived a little too early...My new Female thorelli X campunalata was supposed to arrive at christmas, but a mistake was made. Boy, to look back at it now I should have ordered earlier!

Anyway, today Ive been having some horrible neck pains that I can't even decsribe, but I hoped that they would pay off...and they did!! I found a female Thorelli X Campunalata at home that has a flower stalk on it!! (it has about 25 pods)

Now, I desperatly need some pollen asap before this thing flowers (50/50 seed split from pollen).
    Anyone got some interesting males?

The pitchers have browned a bit during transit and since im in so much pain heres some pics from google search...simply amazing!! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&g...w=1280&bih=628

Also, anyone have any suggestions as to what conditions I should put this thing in since it is flowering? I was thinking lowland...but I suck at finding lowlander highlander status. Ill email the plants owner to find out the light conditions..etc.

Heres a pic of the flower stalk

Photobucket

Hard to get a better pic from the pain...but ya know what they say, in some cases there must be pain for glory... it's funny how all day I was hoping that my crokked neck would pay off

Oh, and BTW, this is my first female flower!!! (its a miracle that the flower stalk survived)

So, got any pollen?

Lance
    Last edited by lance; 12-13-2011 at 07:01 AM.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats! Sadly I got no pollen :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, I had a male N. thorellii x campanulata, even had a flower last year around this time but it got rust disease this last summer so I separated it from my other plants and put it out on the patio and it died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure one of our multiple males Neps at Meadowview should be in flower right now. I'll ask Phil tomorrow. I'm sure the N. x mixta will be flowering again soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    I'm sure one of our multiple males Neps at Meadowview should be in flower right now. I'll ask Phil tomorrow. I'm sure the N. x mixta will be flowering again soon.
    Thanks!

Anyone else that has pollen there is still room left on the flower stalk...the 30+ flowers should make a ton of seeds

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post pics of your pitchers?

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

nvm i read further

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from the physical therapist and feel a little better so here we go...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know I had a flower coming, not sure where it stands right now... but I can check the status of the flower if this interests you, pretty sure pollen should be ready at this point... Not current pics, but same plant... N. rafflesiana http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124029
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast