What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dragonfruit

• Thread starter pearldiver
  • Start date
When you mean small cuttings, can they fit in a letter or envelope?
I would be very interested.

pearldiver i recieved my cutting this week, it was in great shape, and cant wait till it starts growing, thanks again.

I received mine yesterday, it looks great! Larger than I was expecting. :D It will be going into the ground tomorrow perhaps... Thank you very much, Paul!

got mine too! thank you so much!
what were the other cuttings you included in there? the names on them were smeared

I read on some first page google site that I can leave it out till it roots. What do you suggest I do with the cutting?

i would pot them up in a well draining soil mix. and water sparingly, maybe once a week. ive done this for many cacti species and has always worked for me

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the cuttings so far? Mine is still a healthy green, but no new growth coming up yet.

Mine isn't too happy, unfortunately. :( It's not dead, but it's turning yellowish and doesn't have any roots the last I checked (a couple weeks ago). I think it might be the cool temperatures, but I'm not sure. Hopefully when it warms up it'll look a bit better. Should I bring it inside maybe?

the hanger for mine broke this winter and now i have tons of cuttings from it, so if you run out, i have some for the others that want it

Nat what media did you use? I have mine in a mix of organic seed starter and organic potting mix with ferts and it sent up a top node that I broke off and then another popped up in its place. Cool temps should be fine for it as long as it gets warm days but how cold is it over there? Also you can bring it in under lights, you might want to let the top of the media dry out some before watering it again. I'm kinda going by how I'm growing mine, sorta leaving it alone for the most part and watering it maybe once or twice a week. Actually mine needs to be reported soon and I think I need more organic potting soil if I'm using a hanging basket for summer

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Vb try fertilizing you can use a cactus fert but what I use is already in the media, it took a bit but it just threw out the node maybe 2 weeks ago but it seems to be happy

Mine's in some cactus mix with a bit of extra perlite blended in. The weather's been weird this winter, and we've had high temps anywhere from the low 50s to 80+ degrees. Lows can range from near freezing to the mid-50s. Rains have been strangely absent, but I water the cactus when its soil dries out.

Mine is in 50/50 peat/sand. I've been watering about once a week probably, trying not to overwater and rot it. Hopefully see some growth soon! If this dies though, I will definitely try reacquire the plant.

Ya it can be the weather, you might want to bring it inside until it warms up outside, but yes water once no more then twice a week if your lighting gets hot like mine does. I wish I knew more nat about what may be going on, but I think it's weather related some how, I know they don't like cold temps very much. I'm just trying to remember the weather pattern when I was in Vietnam for a bit, they had cold days maybe in the 60s in the rainy season and pretty hot when it was dry. Hummm I wish I really knew, maybe I'll go back to Vietnam and hunt some vines down and see if I get ideas. Now who wants to lend me a few grand and a passport to get there?

i have three cuttings each are putting up prickly shoots about 3- 4 inches tall one has one directly growing off of it then the two other cuttings put up side shoots beside them

mine is a healthy green color, but no shoots yet

I brought mine inside. It won't get as much light, but it'll be a lot warmer (especially at night).

Back