What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas ping giveaway!

jonnyq

Supporter
Happy holidays, all!

So a little while back, chezilla was kind enough to give away some pings:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128600

He wasn't kidding when he said they grow like weeds... :D This pings could give tribbles a run for their money. (Do tribbles run?) Anyhow, even after splitting them into several thriving pots, they continue to multiply. :D They're awesome, and I'd love to eventually pool them into a really large container, but in the meantime, I'd feel selfish not giving some of these back to the community as thanks for chezilla's (and, collectively, all of your) generosity.

From this pot, I'd like to give away these two non-clumped plants... :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the spirit of chezilla's original giveaway, I'll make this a quick contest... First to person to guess (and don't judge me) my favorite main character from among the five franchised live-action Star Trek series (again, don't judge me) wins... Winner can paypal $5.20 for priority shipping to me, i'll PayPal with address... Will send out the plants Tuesday...

(For those who don't watch the Star Trek series, you can check out http://www.memory-alpha.org/ as a reference for ideas...)

P.S. If the guessing does not go well, I'll try to throw hints every few hours...

Hint #1: Character is not from the original series...

7 of 9?

Hint #2: It's a male...

I'll give it a shot even though I'm an original series fan. William Riker played by Johnathan Frakes.

Luke Skywalker?

ROFL @ MatO...

Quark? He's one of my faves. lol. Otto?

In honor of the new Sherlock Holmes movie, Professor Moriarty.

Luke Skywalker?

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

(That's a commentary, not a hint. :D )

Next hint: He served during the 22nd century...

(To clarify, he is a main character, meaning he was billed as a regular castmember, so that rules out Q and Moriarty, though I do appreciate the guesses...) :D

OMG.. dont tell me you like the suckiest Star Trek show of them all!!! ;) I won't win this cuz I absolutely hated Enterprise...

GRIFFIN WINS! Wow, on the first guess from the Enterprise cast... Well done!

It is indeed Phlox, the Denobulan chief medical officer of the Enterprise NX-01... :D

And to be fair, Brie, I said he was my favorite character, I didn't say it was from my favorite series. :D DS9 is still my favorite of the series entries... :D

Thanks for the guesses, everyone! Congratulations to Griffin, and happy holidays to all!

Congratulations, Griffin!

Back