Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to those who are trading for cephs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to those who are trading for cephs

Woke. Up this morning and noticed aphids on some of my plants. I'm forced to quaretine everything until I'm sure that the problem is taken care of. I apologize for the bad news but I will let you know asap when the problem has been cleared. I'm quarenting because I do not want to risk anyone elses collection. Again I apologize for the bad news and I hope that no1 has sent anything out yet but if you have I will send it back immideatly

Many apologies

}{@z3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will respectfully withdraw from our trade deal. Having enough issues with mealys coming in on another trade. Darn things are migrating.. Thanks for the offer though. Hope you have a Merry (bug free) New Year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey man i dont know what you have for a setup but what i used was one of those no pest strips you hang, there good for a nice size room, i had it hanging in my little plastic greenhouse..... thing worked like awsome, give it a shot i got mine at a local hardware store, i would get a spray based insecticide as well just to be on the safe side soak the top layer of soil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk if cephs can handle it, but when i had aphids on my regia once I soaked it uder water for 11 days and it worked like a charm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    idk if cephs can handle it, but when i had aphids on my regia once I soaked it uder water for 11 days and it worked like a charm
    most definitely can't handle that..
    When I got a regia with aphids I just dipped a Q-tip into peroxide and wiped them off. Not a single aphid today..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let this be a friendly reminder to everyone who contemplates trading plant material: nobody wants to inherit your pest problems, so please be very sure (to the best of your ability) that nothing you are trading has any pests or diseases. It's only fair ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which brings me to my next point.. MAD PROPS to shaman for bringing the issue into the light prior to shipping.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterilizing all of my media has kept all pests away from anything I am growing besides that one time with the regia and the aphids are all long dead for about 10 months so Im happy. Keeps away fungus and slime too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast