Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Scented Drosera Indica "pale pink flower" SASE+ Seed Giveaway

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extra seeds should be refridgerated (as long as they're not frozen) if you leave them out, viability will drop in a matter of weeks.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bag of lfs, but that won't be great for D. indica, right? From what I've been reading it looks like I need to get some coarse sand, but I went to Lowe's today and didn't see anything that fit the bill that wasn't in a huge package. Where can I buy some sand that will be good for it (online or in person)? Should I just go for 'regular' sand and buy some peat to mix with it? (thanks again for the seeds SDCP)

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of Indica growers tell you to use silica sand but I found no problem using regular desert sand. Of course, I boiled it and washed it vigorously in a 1/4 gallon of RO water to rid of the salts. I got about 25 sprouts before the seed container was knocked over .

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always used the bags of pool filter sand that you buy at Lowe's or HD. It's a lot, more than you'll need for this, but unless you know someone who has coarse sand on hand to give you, it's the only way to go. Be sure not to use play sand, the kind used in kids' sandboxes. It's like beach sand...too fine and sometimes contains salts.

The best I ever used came from a landscaping company that supplied gravel for cement companies. They carried a mixture of coarse sand and very fine gravel. It was perfect for CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thank you two for the advice. I think I'm going to head to home depot tomorrow and look some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They arrived today! Thanks again for the seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeds arrived yesterday. Thank you for the oppurtunity to get into CP's that I may not otherwise tried.