Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for D. brevifolia seed

Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for D. brevifolia seed

Last summer I traded a grower for some CP. In return one of the plants I received was what the grower thought was D. brevifolia. It turned out to be a form of red spathulata.

If you have some spare D. brevifolia seed - and know that it is the real thing! - please consider a trade with me. In return I can offer one or two of your choice from the following trade items:

1. small growing ceph offshoot
    2. growing D. menziesii
    3. growing D. abberans
    4. growing D. cistiflora
    5. drosophyllum seed
    6. stylidium debile
    7. dormant large sarracenia rhizomes (mostly leucos,flava,purps,rubra) my choice
    8. growing P. "Frazer's beauty" (small)

Thanks

Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it from me?
    Sounds like my current story. D. brevifolia ended up going dormant. Dead giveaway I got false seed..

Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No prob! It happens.
    A few years back I sent a grower a few dormant peltata tubers, protected by a quantity of peat/sand. The tubers didn't survive come fall but he did wind up with a few volunteer D. hamiltonii, probably from root remnants left in the soil!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z6avvr72 View Post
    No prob! It happens.
    A few years back I sent a grower a few dormant peltata tubers, protected by a quantity of peat/sand. The tubers didn't survive come fall but he did wind up with a few volunteer D. hamiltonii, probably from root remnants left in the soil!
    If it makes you feel any better, none of the tubers you sent me sprouted. So we both kinda got the pooper on that deal.

These false brevifolia are something though. White flowers, red from the day they sprout, but go dormant at the end of the season. Wonder what they really are..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bunch of D.brevifolia seedlings if you're interested.

Drosera brevifolia - Hampstead Co, NC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have some 2 from hampstead but they arent as red as cthu possibly not bright enough light or does location make a diff on what they look like sorry not trying to turn your thread into a helping one for me just was curious after i saw the pic
    ok lol didnt see his are same location obviously i dont have bright enough light because they are more pink and greeen not red like that nice cthu

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the lighting. D. brevifolia "Hampstead, NC" grown outdoors vs under lights. After changing tubes (old) they started getting redder indoors.

If the winter temperatures get cold enough these will go dormant however they do not form hibernacula. Many times they'll die down to the roots. They are annual/biennial plants and will normally flower themselves to death or near death in one or two seasons. Clip the flowers if you want them to last longer but always keep a new generation going from seed just in case.

Flowers and seed will give a positive ID.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I grew out from seed labeled as D. brevifolia (Hampstead, NC)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast