What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew seeds for S.A.S.E.

This offer has been closed since this morning. Read up please.

I'm getting S.A.S.E.'s in and some of you did not include your screen names or what you wanted. If I don't have this info, I can't send your seeds. Please PM me your name if you neglected to put your s.n. or desired species on your s.a.s.e.
Specifically :
Eric from Russelville, Kentucky
Paul from San Antonio, Texas

Ytk, You can't just remove people's name from the list in order to put yours in. That's dirty pool. No seeds for you.

Are you kidding! :0o:
Who in their right mind would do that? Nice way to treat others! :slap:

(I know, now comes the "I was only kidding" crap!)
I'd expect some new kid to do that, but this is just sad. :lac:

And Cthulhu138, it is amazing how many people get into trades or give-aways and
don't give their TF name, & often don't even label the stuff they sent!

Even if it is only one item or pack of seed, they don't realize that some of us are possibly getting seed or plants from other people at the same time, making it difficult to know who or what was sent! At one point I had 3 people send me seed, and 2 of the envelopes had unlabeled seed in them! How was I supposed to know what they were? I had to look up who "John" (not the real name) was, based on the location I got the envelope from, looking thru PM's to find out the name/address info and then tracking on TF from my old posts (if they even existed) what seed giveaways I was in, to find out what the seed was in each packet!

Now I try to put the return addy on my sase with the correct info, and keep a sheet/file of what give-aways I am in.

It got real bad once, when I was in a couple trades & give-aways, and also had some plants & seeds coming from someone on ebay... The people on ebay are the worst sometimes. No indication of it being my ebay transaction item! Just a box with a plant in it! (And another with seed in it!) Again I had to search thru my records in order to find out what was what!

I guess bottom line, I am suggesting that people try putting the I.D. of their seed on the package, or with the plant.
Not everyone is involved in only one transaction!
And of course a TF name would help everyone!

I don't always have the time to write a short note in what I send, however I do try to remember to put my TF name on things at the very least.
How else do people expect others to know who they are???

Last edited:
i even put the peoples name on my pots of who I got the plant from incase someone wants a clone of that plant
I also had my name taken off a different giveaway 3 times till I pmed the person doing the give away

yes it is aweful to get an un-labeled plant. I for one have a bad memory sometimes and like you GrowinOld I have had to back track and figure out plants before. I even had one person send me THREE unlabeled platns and i had to figure it out by descriptions and pictures back and forth.

:-))
Good to know it doesn't just happen to me!

I do realize sometimes we are just rushing to even get the package out,
but indeed it is important to take a little extra time to prepare it
and perhaps get it out the following day or 2.
It saves the other person a lot of aggravation!
:-D

GrowinOld: Thank you for bringing this up as I have had the same problem with unidentified plants and people sending SASE.

I have also had people take my name off lists (it seems there are at least 3 on here who do this routinely) and put theirs in place and just let it go and did not say anything to the person doing the giveaway, but I do write these names down and will not do any trades or giveaways with them in the future :censor:

I've started writing the date, both the seed type & TF benefactors names on the inside of the flap of the SASE before enclosing it in the outer envelope. That way when the SASE gets back to me I just open it with a letter opener & read the contents & try to remember to post a Thank You & receipt acknowledgement here on the forum.

In the not to distant past I was guilty of inadvertently adding my name to a list that was already full. My problem was that I did not refresh the page before adding my name, so the list I copied & pasted was actually 2 days old, won't make that mistake again (I hope).

@afrodisa--A similar thing happened to me. I copied a list and was adding myself; meanwhile another user posted in the spot I intended to fill. When I did post, it looked as though I had deleted them. When I discovered my mistake, I apologized and made clear who had posted first.

Afro I like your idea about writing inside the envelope!! I'm going to have to copy that idea.

I've started writing the date, both the seed type & TF benefactors names on the inside of the flap of the SASE before enclosing it in the outer envelope. That way when the SASE gets back to me I just open it with a letter opener & read the contents & try to remember to post a Thank You & receipt acknowledgement here on the forum.

What a great idea! Thank you for posting that :-D

:boogie: Seeds arrived in good condition today, thank you!

:banana2: Seeds arrived too. Thank you !!! :-D

My seeds arrive today also. Thanks!

Back