What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live sphag needed

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Anyone willing to send me some live sphag for postage or trade for orchids? Not much by the way of CPs to trade but a N. red leopard rooted cutting.

I need some live sphag to get things going again.

Thanks

How much do you need? Email me at WickedCarnivores at aol dot com
I'd be interested in the N. Red Leopard rooted cutting..

Emailed. I'm looking to get as much as I can want a big culture started.

JB, you can buy a pound of very thick, nice live sphagnum off of ebay. Bought some from a guy on there for $12 with free shipping, which is about what it will cost you to get it from some of the people here if they use a flat rate box.

Your choice, but I have to say, it was very high quality stuff.

JB, you can buy a pound of very thick, nice live sphagnum off of ebay. Bought some from a guy on there for $12 with free shipping, which is about what it will cost you to get it from some of the people here if they use a flat rate box.

Your choice, but I have to say, it was very high quality stuff.

I just looked and didn't see any great deals on it tonight

What kind of Sphagnum are you looking for and how much? I have a small portion of Newport News, VA Sphagnum and some Caroline County, VA Sphagnum I could trade.

What kind of orchids are you willing to trade?

Thanks Judy. I just got home so haven't looked yet.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Heck Wire man idk the difference in sphagnum. I would have to look at it. Want something that will grow in SC heat as well ad intermediate temps. And cool for if I try a true hl setup. Going to attempt keep the GH at 80 this summer without killing the power bill.

Are either colorful? And I would hope to get a bit on trades. I have several things I could trim or have extras of. My bulbos are about trimmed out though. What are you into. That will help. I know I have some carts and dens I could trim.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

The thing is wireman, most are hybrids. So your not going to find pics unless I have one or it is an older popular hybrid.

I have a small amount of green spagnum someone used as packing/to keep humid in a trade. It looks a bit peaked but reasonably well. Be happy to send a bit of it to you via first class mail, no postage, no trade required. Email gnixon@satx.rr.com if you want a photo...

Just sent an email with an offer.

Back