What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. rubra ssp alabamensis giveaway

Although this is a freebie giveaway, it's not exactly free ....

I have a potbound specimen of S. rubra ssp alabamensis (or S. alabamensis - my code 51C) containing ~20-50 growthpoints (complete guess - but the pot is way over-full and distorted). I received this plant several years ago as a gift from a grower in VA who received it from Don Schnell. I will send this plant via USPS Priority mail (on my dime) to the winner of this giveaway with the following conditions:

- the recipient agrees to share a division with a minimum of 3 different people within 8 months
- the recipients of these 3 divisions are posted on Terra (screen names are fine) in this (or another) thread

Assuming that a division fits into a small flat rate box, the cost would be $16.05** ($5.35 times three).

In summary, for an approximate commitment of $16**, the winner will receive a very large, adult, flowering specimen of S. rubra ssp alabamensis (with a great pedigree).

If you are interested in participating (& agree to above conditions):

- Pick and post a number between 1-100, I'll use a random number generator to select the winner (random.org). 1st matching number wins (ie: not the closest to the 1st number - but 1st actual match)
- Only one number please....
- In the case of repeat numbers.... the earlier poster takes it.
- USA only
- special thanks to Av for fine-tuning a robust selection process

** assumes divisions are mailed, they could also be shared at club meetings, etc. (but names still need to be posted)

Contest ends Monday, April 9th at 9:00pm ET... one contest, one winner.

19:hail:NINETEEN:hail:19

27, please. And thanks for sharing!

thanks for the giveaway! :)

Scot

would the people i share it with need to be members of the terraforum community, or members of the greater carnivorous community at large?

Back