What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free USPS shipping supplies

Ordered about 20 last week, but still waiting.

i ordered twice still waiting

Usually takes 10-14 days for me to receive supplies. I always order ahead of need.

Oz

Yeah you will get them. I order them all the time. They are just slow.

Stamps.com was selling Forever flat-rate boxes, not that it matters now that rates have gone up.

Yeah, they take forever to get to you... Which is one reason why I order ALOT each time I order.. Also there isnt any postage on them or anything, so doesnt matter if rates go up or down.. Same box still works.

I've been getting free shipping supplies from USPS for over 10 years now.
If your order is too large, they'll send your supplies in mixed deliveries. Everything won't show up at the same time. But at least it'll show..

Thanks,Thez yo I didnt know this

they only let u order 15 padded priority envelopes at a time

oh careful now haha i ordered some free stuff probably three years ago..........Discovered now I ordered too many hahahaha, but now I can ship packages out anyway I want. I really like the new padded envelopes. I also miss the old small flat rate boxes that you used to be able to put like a whole potted plant in.

Ha, I've ordered free boxes from USPS once before, but not to be used for shipping plants.

Freshman year of college we decided to prank a friend of ours on the second floor of our dorm. So, we went on to USPS.com and ordered 1,500 large flat rate mail boxes (turns out that's the maximum you can order... in case anyone REALLY needs that 1,501st box!)

We built each box and filled this guy's dorm room wall to wall, floor to ceiling with flat rate boxes! The dude opened his door and just saw a wall of USPS boxes... the look on his face was priceless.

Then he chucked all the boxes out into the hallway, and the entire hall of the dorm was knee-deep in boxes. After security showed up, the cleanup job was NOT FUN!

There are a lot of places you can get supplies. USPS is pretty popular but UPS and FedEx have supply shops too. They will have sales on free boxes and other supplies so I stock up there. I also use places like Stamps.com or Brown & Pratt too. But a good place, is Subway. They have good, smaller sized boxes you can have for free if you ask.

Hope those suggestions help.

Back