Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Seeds: D. slackii, D. adelae, D. regia, P. gigantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I appreciate the offer, I truly know nothing about either species and fear I wouldn't do their seeds justice. SDCPs, you've been good to me, and you you've been good to the community. You don't owe me anything. I'll get the plants out ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey SDCP
    we did a trade on the other forum a while back for broad leaf cape and a D.dichtoma (dichtoma is my favorite plant in my collection btw) you might not remember :P anyways a friend gave me this link a while back when i wanted to start making hybrids
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ss-Pollination
    its a pretty much flawless, I've yet to find a better way ^.^ maybe next time you try an adelae you can try that method and see if it works for you
    and gl with finding your seeds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you trade the regia seeds for a live plant?
    Gettin there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    While I appreciate the offer, I truly know nothing about either species and fear I wouldn't do their seeds justice. SDCPs, you've been good to me, and you you've been good to the community. You don't owe me anything. I'll get the plants out ASAP.
    They are tropicalish. P. lusitanicum at the least is very easy. It's an annual and self-pollinates. Keep slightly shaded, but otherwise from like any tropical sundew when germinating.

I appreciate your kind words. They make my eyes well up a bit. I'm glad I could help you and other growers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    hey SDCP
    we did a trade on the other forum a while back for broad leaf cape and a D.dichtoma (dichtoma is my favorite plant in my collection btw) you might not remember :P anyways a friend gave me this link a while back when i wanted to start making hybrids
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ss-Pollination
    its a pretty much flawless, I've yet to find a better way ^.^ maybe next time you try an adelae you can try that method and see if it works for you
    and gl with finding your seeds!
    Hey Ras!,

The fundamental problem is d. adelae. It doesn't like to set seed. I will certainly check out that link though. Thank you so much. And yes, I remember you well. I looked at the plants you sent just yesturday! I'm glad you're enjoying the binata! I love the particular clone I sent you

Quote Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
    Would you trade the regia seeds for a live plant?
    Of p. lusitanicum maybe. But seeds of this species are really easy to germinate. You should give them a try!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know...I cant even germinate venus flytrap seeds. They might be easy to germinate but everyone says they are difficult to keep alive after germination. I dont have grow lights either. I can only grow outside in the Northern California climate or on a windowsill that gets full sun for about 1 hour in the morning
    Gettin there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're low light, moisture-loving. Really easy to keep alive. Just get a nice peaty pot with a bit of sand maybe, keep it wet and seeds sprout easy despite mistakes. I had worms in a pot...even the capensis babies were struggling...but these popped right on through, and grew really fast.

Seriously, this is an easy plant. Make sure the surface of the medium is nice and smooth without boulders and moist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they drosophyllum lusitanicum seeds arrived today and half where planted, sand paper some and cut the pointy end off others
    thanks for the trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEY View Post
    they drosophyllum lusitanicum seeds arrived today and half where planted, sand paper some and cut the pointy end off others
    thanks for the trade
    The plants you sent arrived in great condition, thanks! Sounds like you sowed the droso seeds correctly. I'm wishing you luck!

Eric, in response to your PM (you've exceeded PM space):

Sure! I'd love to trade again. Yes, there were some pods when I send the plants

Why not save half of it for next season. The other half just try sowing on a heavy sand mixture and hope for the best. Whatever you do, don't throw it out. This annual waits for the proper time to sprout, otherwise it'd be no more. They seem to pop up in the spring around here. They stay in seed form through the whole winter. Pretty impressive. In short, I really don't know how to germinate them. They are weeds for me...which is basically the only way I've had success with them. They don't sprout when I want them to. I threw out my original batch only to get a d. indica empire by surprise!

-Ian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast