Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Seeds: D. slackii, D. adelae, D. regia, P. gigantea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some adelae seed from my plant that I self-ed it didn't produce many seeds and most flowers produced nothing but about one in 10 flowers produced a seed pod I think Iv got about 30 seeds so far.
    My Growlist

My Webpage with photos I took On Mt Kinabalu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the offer! I have a few plants that I'm going to try to get seeds again with. I'm glad you've affirmed that it can be done! What are you interested in?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "Three Sister" Sundews are dichogamous meaning the pistils and stamens ripen at different times. Try the "yesterday's anthers on today's stigma" method.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi SDCPs The ping lusitanicum would be nice just one thing though Im in New Zealand so Im not sure about sending seed to you? but I can if you want, hopefully you can get a few seeds yourself I was trying to encourage you with the pollinating the flowers.
    My Growlist

My Webpage with photos I took On Mt Kinabalu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    The "Three Sister" Sundews are dichogamous meaning the pistils and stamens ripen at different times. Try the "yesterday's anthers on today's stigma" method.
    Excellent advice. It's the same with VFTs to a degree, correct? I've noticed that the stigmas open later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinabalufan View Post
    Hi SDCPs The ping lusitanicum would be nice just one thing though Im in New Zealand so Im not sure about sending seed to you? but I can if you want, hopefully you can get a few seeds yourself I was trying to encourage you with the pollinating the flowers.
    You are correct, legally I cannot receive seeds since I do not have the required permits. I am surprised you knew there might be a problem! I will take your encouragement and NAN's advice to try and get some seed.

Thanks both!

And RAS, THANKS FOR THE DROSERA TIP! Now I can make broadleaf x alba capensis hybrids and try to get an alba broadleaf plant

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian, you could always import seed on my permit and I'll forward the seed to you.

It doesn't appear to be too difficult to send seed to New Zealand. Seeds that are considered "Basic" under the Biosecurity Classification can be sent without a Phytosanitary Certificate however they must be inspected on entry and tested to be free of weeds, pests, etc. at the importers expense. Drosera capensis is prohibited.

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/regs/...s/plants/seeds
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    :LOL: Nan, I have to laugh at that. Really. Those New Zelanders are no dummies, Drosera Capensis...I'm just waiting for it to mutate and lose it's fear of nutrient rich soil. Drosera gone wrong! Taking over the lawn. Now that would be awesome...at least for a little while.

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind offer. I believe I'm old enough to get my own permit, which is something I should look in to! Last time I tried I couldn't meet the age requirements. It I get anything worked out before then in the way of importing seed, I'll contact you.

You've always been so kind to me. Thanks.

P.S. When is the next LACPs at the Huntington? The director of the conservatory owes me some p. gigantea clones (I'm counting on those ). I'd like to come up and meet you again too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the dew pine seeds you sent me germinated ,so far, after less than 2 weeks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast