What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something for a grow rack or to help with lighting needs...

Awhile back I came across this item by IKEA. Originally designed to power up to a 75W bulb, it came with a large paper "shade." It looked ridiculous to me, so I left the shade and took only the power cord/socket/and hanging mounting stuff.
IMGP6538-1.jpg

It has a polarized plug, but is not earth grounded. So I would be a bit dicey about using it outside unless protected against water, etc. The socket itself has a threaded plastic exterior and has another threaded attachment that spins on and off. So it could be mounted through a hole in a piece of plexi or somesuch.

Here is other hardware and pics of the shade and how it was designed to hook up.
IMGP6539-1.jpg
IMGP6545.jpg
IMGP6544.jpg
IMGP6543.jpg
IMGP6542.jpg
IMGP6541.jpg
IMGP6540.jpg

I decided I have no use for it now, and thought one of you might. I sometimes say first come, first served, thought to do it a bit different now. Should there be interest, post your name and a number between one and ten. I will pick a # and the person who picked that one or closest will get it for postage. No need to post past ten.:)

We have a winner! PM me with your address, and I will send it along.

Back