What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis cuttings for SASE or trade

My D. filiformis (unknown temperate) are doing very well, and sending up tons of flower stalks. I posted photos a few days ago in the dew section. These things are great bug catchers, are very prolific, and strike very easily from leaf or flower stalk cuttings.
So let's spread the joy.
I'll send leaf and/or flower stalk cuttings (my choice) to 6 people for an SASE or trade item of your choice. Trade items must be viable CP leaf, stem, or flower stalk cuttings (or pullings) or plants, and properly packaged. No seeds, and no non-CP plant material. I'll put the cuttings in a pc of damp paper towel inside a snack sized ziplock baggie.

Copy and paste the numbers below and fill in your name and your trade item (or SASE), then PM me and I'll send you my address.
Offer expires Sunday 6-3-12 at noon. USA only.
Have fun.

Last edited:
1 hcarlton, SASE

1 hcarlton, SASE
2 SgtSarracenia, SASE

1 hcarlton, SASE
2 SgtSarracenia, SASE
3 hardrockerCP, SASE ( but if everyone else SASE's i could come up with a trade cause your being so cool)

1 hcarlton, SASE
2 SgtSarracenia, SASE
3 hardrockerCP, SASE ( but if everyone else SASE's i could come up with a trade cause your being so cool)
4 Leafkirby SASE

SASE in mail box to go out tommorrow. Thanks for the giveaway.

1 hcarlton, SASE
2 SgtSarracenia, SASE
4 Leafkirby SASE
5 Drew SASE

This offer is now closed, thanks for playing.
I'll send your cuttings shortly after I receive your SASE.

Rocketcaver-

Does the SASE work well for these? I've got some cuttings I'd like to share with others on this forum and this would be an easy way to manage it.

Oz

sase works well also having the person paypal you the postage works if you are in a hurry

I have sent and recieved leaf cuttings in envelopes before without problems. Wrapped in a damp paper towel and enclosed in a baggie they have done fine for me. There is always a chance they might get squashed, frozen, or baked, but the filiformis is so easy to strike I think even damaged leaves would produce a few strikes.
As always, your mileage may vary.

The last of the SASE's came Saturday, so I'm sending them all on Monday.
Good luck!

I look forward to them. Thanks again for such a great give away.

Did they make it out on Monday? That way I know if I need to keep an eye out for them tomorrow.

Yes, they went out on Monday. Let me know when they arrive.
Everybody got at least 2 leaf sections from different leaves, plus 2 or more flower stalk sections.

No problem, I certainly will.

Got the cuttings.! The leaves look great, but I don't think the stalk cuttings are going to do much in their state.

Got the cuttings.! The leaves look great, but I don't think the stalk cuttings are going to do much in their state.

I got mine today also. Im not even sure the leaf cuttings will do much. Im gonna give them all a good ole college try though.

Back