What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOR TRADE: Pasian Highlands Truncata

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
I got this guy back in December 2011. Greenhouse hardened. Growing in 50/50 sphagnum/bark with thriving live green sphagnum growing around it. I'm assuming its seedgrown because of its size and the place I got it from doesn't do TC. This morph, according to the website I bought it from, is orange to red and is very hairy. It is exactly 2.5" from leaf tip to leaf tip. Puts out a new leaf every month or so. The pitchers are currently green. Too small to feed them, but I managed to cram so stuff into the current pitcher (in the pitcher) which is why the lid is brown, I had to like rip it up to stuff bugs in the tiny hole lol.

dgl85f.jpg

The reason I want to trade this guy is because I'm not enjoying him as much as I thought I would. It was my first Nepenthes purchase, which was online, and I was taken in by the picture of a beautiful adult lower pitcher. It isn't my slowest grower, but I enjoy plants that vine and always have new growth points going. I'm looking for anything that isn't tiny and producing small green pitchers. If you have anything you would be interested in trading that is producing colored pitchers, PM me and we can work something out. Even if its a slower grower like lowii, as long as it is producing colored lower pitchers, I would be game for it.

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:
Darn, would love another truncata but don't have any nepenthes I can trade you for. Just sarracenias.

Rats, well I'll let you know if what I'm interested in changes. If you have anything that you could offer, let me know. :)

I'll take it. Been needing one of these..

PM'ed!!

Bump... Anyone else have any offers? Not necessarily looking for something rare, just something sizable (5" or something) producing colorful lowers. I have a few offers being considered, but I'm interested to see what else I could trade for this guy. :)

***comes potted in live, green sphag***

Will also trade for a good portion of red sphagnum. True red, not just seasonally color changing. :)

BUMP for more offers! Again, looking for neps of good size and/or red sphag. I'm extremely interested in lowii x campy too. :)

Not Seedgrown, these guys import from BE, it is TC... BEs Seedgrown pasian truncatas were yeaaars ago

Still want it.. but not willing to go out of the $18 price range that it's worth.
And you may want to edit that pic so the vendor's name isn't visible.

Still want it.. but not willing to go out of the $18 price range that it's worth.
And you may want to edit that pic so the vendor's name isn't visible.

You can PM me with any other offers you may have. I changed the picture.

No red sphagnum? Any more offers? :(

Still up for trade. VERY INTERESTED IN RED SPHAGNUM!!!!!!

If anyone has some cool amps (already have red and green spotted) that are cool like hot lips (I think that's the name... Green with red lips) or lime twist, I would be up for a trade. This guy is beginning to take off and put out a leaf about twice the size of the last one. Still will come with live green sphag.

1zxnmti.jpg

i can get you a lot of reg sphag, hows a gallon bag stuffed sound

i can get you a lot of reg sphag, hows a gallon bag stuffed sound

Do you have pics? As others have said, it could just turn green in my conditions. If it's like a dark pure red like the pic of red sphag on Meadowview's website, I'd be very interested. :)

i dont at the moment but i have free access to private property for as much of it as i can take and some spots are true deep deep red

i dont at the moment but i have free access to private property for as much of it as i can take and some spots are true deep deep red

Hm, sounds like something I'd want. Would be good to get another species of sphagnum going in my GH. If it wouldn't be too much of a drive to the property, would you be able to supply pics? I think I'd want to see what I would be getting before making a deal.

Thanks! :)

Pineapple, the red sphag from Meadowview does not stay red. As far as I'm aware true red sphagnum is extremely rare and I don't think anyone actually has it. I could be wrong though.

Pineapple, the red sphag from Meadowview does not stay red. As far as I'm aware true red sphagnum is extremely rare and I don't think anyone actually has it. I could be wrong though.

Well I pulled up the green sphag that my red sphag grew and I found the red under it, it grew green. I guess that's my proof that you're right. I may just want to trade for an amp I guess.

Back