Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to trade N. Rob Cantleyi for S. 'Adrain Slack'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have to agree with Whimgrinder...

http://users.humboldt.edu/rziemer/zp...rianSlack.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    @uphwiz: I have reason to think your Sarracenia, lovely though it is, isn't actually S. 'Adrian Slack'. There are features S. 'Adrian Slack' has that your plant is not displaying. Are you absolutely certain that is what you've got there??
    Seconded. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news... or in this case the supporter of bad news, but your sarracenia does not appear to be AS. Adrian Slack for the most part retains the look of flava with the coloration of leucophylla. The top of it should be a well-rounded lid with little frilling with red lips which fade to green. You may wish to reference your pics to those found on CPPhotofinder and you'll find that while your plant appears to be an S x Moorei, it does not fit the description of what Adrian Slack should be.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh well it was a sarr i got from some one here they said it was , but im not surprised. guess i got robbed in a trade for one of my nicer neps cant remember, it might have been for an adult hummers giant.
    at the very least i didnt pay 80. bucks for it lol and i do have more hummers so no loss.
    thanks all for identifying my mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    broken this is a pic of one of yours from photofinder, im thinking mine looks quite a bit like this one is this yours and is it an adrian slack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brokken's plant is S. 'Adrian Slack', but I still think yours is not: it doesn't have the exaggerated, rolling wide pink lip, the lid doesn't appear to have the undulation and ghostly whiteness of the real deal, and the shape and veining on the upper pitcher just isn't quite right. Here is the real S. 'Adrian Slack':
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/05/adrian-slack-b.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uncle ,
    it does apear i have leah wilkerson, sorry to push buttons im remembering wrong i suppose, have had it for over a year and did loose the tag,
    and why would anyone give a a.slack, here is a pic of leah wilkerson, hope its like this not quite as cool but pretty nice though my pitchers arent nearly as large, will it have larger pitchers as it ages. most of my older sarrs seem to have larger pitchers up to ablut three years.
    Leah Wilkerson. photofinder
    and mine again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jimmy: don't worry, nobody is upset or feeling as they have had their "buttons" pushed! I just thought it was important to point out the dubious identity of the plant you had ID'd as S. 'Adrian Slack'. No harm done :-)

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upwhiz, what do you mean by "why would anyone give a a. slack?" The plants often go for the same price.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast