What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to trade N. Rob Cantleyi for S. 'Adrain Slack'

Kinjie

Will work for CP's
Hello all, I have a N. robcantleyi with approx 4 to 5 in leaf span for trade if anyone has a division or plant of S. 'Adrain Slack' they are willing to trade. Sorry I am unable to post a pic on her but could email you one if needed. Please PM of you do!

i do have an adrian slack but not sure if the trade is worth it , is the nep as valuable as the sarr

I bought my adrian slack for 80 bucks..large rob c's are selling for 75...sounds good to me.

I can't even find one. But really, its whatever you think is fair. If you like it just as much or better, its a fair trade.

true, price isnt every thing, but im not sure what yours looks like. Here is my adrian , its young but is producing a couple nice pitchers, give ma a day to think on it my nep tank is quite full, and im a little shy on my sarrs,.
IMG_5917.jpg
IMG_5922.jpg

IS THIS WHAT YOURS LOOKS LIKE :-O:-O:-O:-O.
OR MAY LOOK LIKE SOME DAY:-O:-O:-O.
NRobcantleyi.jpg

@uphwiz: I have reason to think your Sarracenia, lovely though it is, isn't actually S. 'Adrian Slack'. There are features S. 'Adrian Slack' has that your plant is not displaying. Are you absolutely certain that is what you've got there??

IS THIS WHAT YOURS LOOKS LIKE :-O:-O:-O:-O.
OR MAY LOOK LIKE SOME DAY:-O:-O:-O.
NRobcantleyi.jpg

Yes it will look like that but does not have any full size pitchers on it but is working on two.

@uphwiz: I have reason to think your Sarracenia, lovely though it is, isn't actually S. 'Adrian Slack'. There are features S. 'Adrian Slack' has that your plant is not displaying. Are you absolutely certain that is what you've got there??

Seconded. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news... or in this case the supporter of bad news, but your sarracenia does not appear to be AS. Adrian Slack for the most part retains the look of flava with the coloration of leucophylla. The top of it should be a well-rounded lid with little frilling with red lips which fade to green. You may wish to reference your pics to those found on CPPhotofinder and you'll find that while your plant appears to be an S x Moorei, it does not fit the description of what Adrian Slack should be.

oh well it was a sarr i got from some one here they said it was , but im not surprised. guess i got robbed in a trade for one of my nicer neps cant remember, it might have been for an adult hummers giant.
at the very least i didnt pay 80. bucks for it lol and i do have more hummers so no loss.
thanks all for identifying my mistake.

broken this is a pic of one of yours from photofinder, im thinking mine looks quite a bit like this one is this yours and is it an adrian slack.
apr2010-adrianslack002.jpg

Brokken's plant is S. 'Adrian Slack', but I still think yours is not: it doesn't have the exaggerated, rolling wide pink lip, the lid doesn't appear to have the undulation and ghostly whiteness of the real deal, and the shape and veining on the upper pitcher just isn't quite right. Here is the real S. 'Adrian Slack':
adrian-slack-b.jpg

uncle ,
it does apear i have leah wilkerson, sorry to push buttons im remembering wrong i suppose, have had it for over a year and did loose the tag,
and why would anyone give a a.slack, here is a pic of leah wilkerson, hope its like this not quite as cool but pretty nice though my pitchers arent nearly as large, will it have larger pitchers as it ages. most of my older sarrs seem to have larger pitchers up to ablut three years.
Leah Wilkerson. photofinder
DSC_0168.jpg
and mine again.
IMG_5922.jpg

@jimmy: don't worry, nobody is upset or feeling as they have had their "buttons" pushed! I just thought it was important to point out the dubious identity of the plant you had ID'd as S. 'Adrian Slack'. No harm done :)

Upwhiz, what do you mean by "why would anyone give a a. slack?" The plants often go for the same price.

just meant that i dont think someone would give me an a. slack in a trade as most things ive traded havent been of similar value to the slack, i would certianly give a slack for the nep if i had one. i do think kinjie is asking for a fair trade.
cool whimgrinder, no hard feelings.
and now i have to find adrian slack for myself wish me luck. LOL

This post deleted, to avoid future confusion, as it contained incorrect information.
-Scot

Last edited:
Hi Scotty,

I got my Adrian Slacks - yes two different sources - from very reliable people: Brooks Garcia and Jeremiah Harris. I hate to burst your bubble but you are very mistaken. It is definitely Adrian Slack. You maybe confused by the fact that the pitchers had just opened and the angle is a little odd so here's a new pic:

cp-jul2012-adrianslack001.jpg

Last edited:
This post deleted, to avoid future confusion, as it contained incorrect information.
-Scot

Last edited:
Back