What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrestrial orchid Bletilla striata seeds

Hi,

Awhile back I obtained some mature plants from a house where an estate sale was being held. I kept a few, sent out a few in trade. Yesterday, I noticed that on one a seed pod had formed and matured and turned brown. It split open and appears to be have lots of seeds, small and thin. Some articles on the web say it is easy to sprout, and suggest it does not require the fungus that other orchids do to germinate and grow. I cannot say, but thought some of you might like to try. SASE would seem to be the way to go. Post if you are interested and leave me your email so I can give you the address. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Hlmium4B0o_Vt7pGA&sig2=EINtI6pCNOSFxxC3dMJnFw

I'd love to have some. Thank you very much!

You are the first one to post, so if no one else does in the next day or so, I will mail you the whole pod. My addy is Paul Nixon
11901 Persuasion
San Antonio, Tx 78216

Best,
Paul

Send your sase and I will send you the pod. Good luck with it.

I'd love to give it a try also
Thanx for offering these unusual seeds.

I would be interested, also, if you have enough seeds. Thanks in advance.

Hey Paul I would like to try them as well if there is enough to go around that is .

I will divvy it up amongst you the best I can, so send in your SASE's.

I have found an additional pod that is still green. One SASE is in. When the other three arrive I think I might slice the green one into four pieces so you all can try it both ways.

Got them today Paul thanks again. I will plant some inside and some outside with other orchids just too see which do better.

Received the seeds today
Thanx Paul

Back