What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora ceracea give-away

One rooted division with adult pitchers.

A very beautiful, newly described species... Heliamphora ceracea

Here are some pics of the mother plant in all her beauty:
IMG_2235_hf.jpg

IMG_2236_hf.jpg

IMG_2240_hf.jpg

IMG_2242_hf.jpg

IMG_2249_hf.jpg

IMG_22401_hf.jpg

From AW webpage:

"..... A wonderful species!
It seems to e the closest relative of the famous Heliamphora macdonaldae!
The species is notable for it's waxy and hairless interior pitcher surface with big nectar glands along the veins.
Just described.

Heliamphora ceracea was observed for the first time in 1998 and was formally described in 2011 by J. Nerz, A. Wistuba, R. Grantsau, F. Rivadavia, A. Fleischmann, and S. McPherson.
The pitchers are 20-30 cm long, ventricose in the lower part, slightly waisted in the middle and infundibulate towards the mouth. The inner surface of the upper part is completely glabrous covered by a waxy layer. This waxy surface bears prominent clusters of large nectar glands, a characteristic which has not been found in any other species oft he genus. The only other species that has completely glabrous interior oft he pitcher opening is Heliamphora macdonaldae, which may represent the closest relative of H. ceracea.
The specific epithet ceracea is derived from the Latin cera (wax) and refers tot he glabrous waxy surface oft he interior upper parts oft he pitcher opening...."

Due to the rarity of the plant only those members wth over 200 postings will be considered for this giveaway.

Select one number between 1-100
Winning number will be selected via random number generator
In the case of duplicate entries, the earlier entry will be chosen
Contest ends 10:00pm GMT Friday, August 17th
Winner pays 10.50USD in shipping cost
Shipping will be via USPS priority mail with signature confirmation.
USA ONLY I will not ship out of country, please don't ask
Division is not to end up on ebay, sold or given away to someone else without prior approval.
Winner is to agree to "pay forward" by giving their first division away via a similar future contest on TF.

Shipping cost must be paid via paypal by Saturday morning, August 18th, or your entry will be considered void
Plant will then be shipped Saturday if at all possible.

Let the games begin :)

Darn I'm 15 posts away from the 200 post cutoff. Oh well! Great giveaway though!

43. :p

thanks for the ever kind and generous giveaways. When i grow up I wish I could be like you :)

Not entering, but wow what a nice offer! The recipient will surely be one very happy person :D

wow

54 :bigthumpup:

You never cease to amaze me Butch!
22 please.
Andrew

Wow..19 please :drool:

when i do giveaways imma use yours as the blueprint. i especially like the "please don't go selling my plant aspect." it would hurt my feelings to see someone try to turn a giveaway won into a dollar made.

ill go with lucky 14 please. it has yet to get me a win on here so far but that just means my chances are higher right? :awesome:

cheers butch

Wow, Butch you are amazing! I will go with 77 if I may :p

86, please.

Great opportunity indeed!

42, what a nice offer thanks!!

Lil Stinkpot: couldn't help but notice that your # 43 is the same as kulas number. Just a heads up ;)

7...thanks for the giveaway Butch!

very generous..

Just passing through to :drool: and to say thanks for doing the most amazing give-aways :)

28 and thank you butch for your ongoing generosity.

NICE Heliamphora :-O/B]

65!

8 Thanks, Butch!

Back