User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes seed available (freebie)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice of ya whim and Im not entering but in the spirit of the contest....

A group of friars lived in a monastery. As with many monasteries, the friars found it necessary to run a small business to support themselves. They ran a floral shop. One day one of the friars brought in an exquisite find: a Venus fly trap. It was such a cute thing, they couldn't bear to sell it, so they just kept it on display. But after a while, it grew so big that flies were no longer enough to satisfy it. It ate cockroaches, but it kept growing. It ate mice, but it still kept growing. It ate chipmunks, squirrels, cats, then raccoons and dogs and ponies. Finally the villagers got wise to this and attempted to put a stop to it. But try as they might, no one could. One way or another, the friars outsmarted the townsfolk and raided their farms of large animals. Finally the villagers pooled their money and hired a professional named Hugh to come in and capture the friars. Hugh stormed the monastery, destroyed the fly trap, captured the friars, and turned them over to the police. The moral of this story is: Only Hugh can prevent florist friars

cheesey yes, but cp oriented :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate being bipolar...its awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a Miami Dolphin fan living in Maine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch, seriously, that was so terrible! Amazing! You are obviously the king...
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have grown Nepenthes seed previously, and have been getting better germination rates progressively (if you ignore one round of fungus which I learned how to avoid I believe).
    Some healthier ones from an older batch I just transplanted:
    DSCN0623

As for funny? I do standup for fun, here's some one liners I've written recently Even if I don't win, I do hope you enjoy them, I like making people laugh!

-I think casual dress should be determined by an average, Like if you have on dress pants, a top hat, and a tank top, it's casual. Add a cane, and its business casual.
    -Turkey dogs are a true miracle of genetic engineering.
    -To determine if something is a sport, youtube both the highlights and the disasters in the sport. If the disasters are cooler, it's not a sport. #Nascar #BearFighting
    -Sometimes I forget to take the time to thank god for all the things he has done for me. So thank you, Zeus, for killing my noisy neighbor Larry with that lightning bolt.
    -I don't understand how hoarders start out their obsessions. It's like one day, their first cat dies, and they say to themselves, "You know what, I'm just gonna leave that one right there...start a pile."

Thanks for the chance,
    Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very generous of you. thanx.
    Last edited by cpbobby; 08-18-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention

Does growing numerous other things like tobacco, mango from seed count. I've germinated byblis ,and sundew seeds just never came across nep seeds but I do have about neps rooted cuttings and in the process of rooting others.

As far as making you laugh not sure about that but how about Why didn't the pony show up to the talent show? Because he was a little horse!

I know not very funny but I'm horrible at jokes.

Thanks for the opportunity, very generous of you !
    Last edited by B0B; 08-18-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not entering, just wanted to join in on the fun and provide you at least a smile.

Having a good sense of humor means you can laugh at yourself along with others.

A while back I planted some cephalotus leaf pullings in a small tray of wet moss. After waiting anxiously for a couple months, a couple little plantlets started to appear and I was so excited and proud of myself that I could do this on my first attempt at ceph pullings. You know the feeling, pat youself on the back, "I'm good" dance, and all that over-confident attitude I know gets me in trouble every time...

After a while I get to looking at the "starts" with a magnifying glass and come to find out one of the starts is actually a nepenthes ventricosa from seed I had thrown in the moss ages ago and forgotten about. Picture me looking around to see if anyone was looking.

So yeah, not entering for your seed because if one cannot tell the difference between a ceph leaf pulling start from a nep seedling without the aid of a magnifying glass, that one does not have experience growing neps from seed, haha; plus the fact I think these should go to someone with the experience and proper setup to do them justice.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast