What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seed available (freebie)

To all who are expecting one or both of these Nepenthes hybrid seed donations: all seeds have been mailed this AM, expect them before end of week. Best of luck!

Paul

Hello everyone, sorry for jumping in on this thread without invitation, I am new to terraforrums and I would be very interested in the seeds if any are still available. If they are I would be happy to submit a blond joke.

Yes? No? Maybe? You still here?

Seeds arrived today. I absolutely love the card. Great images. Thank you again.

I know few jokes, but none are appropriate. One is even a blonde joke.
Nice gesture on your part.

Seeds arrived today. I absolutely love the card. Great images. Thank you again.

My pleasure, glad you liked the card :) Good luck with your seeds! Let us know how you fare with 'em.

Paul

A fellow was pining for a gal who worked as a driver for United Parcel Systems. He said to himself: "I'm in love, with and UPS-ground girl."

Seeds arrived today. They look great. Thanks again Paul !

The first ones germinated today. Thanks again Paul. Let me know if there's ever anything I can send your way.

still no germination here.. :down:

Seeds never made it to me:(.

any seed left for give away...

Seeds never made it to me:(.

You never got yours??! Sorry to hear that. Unfortunate that things still occasionally get lost in the mail. Sorry dude :-(

I have a batch of cape and pink sundews growing... and have propagated a large Nepenthes Miranda via stem cutting... I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I am proud to say that most of my "plant children" have been growing swell! I have a sarracenia Areolata, purchased back in August, that is growing splendid in a terrarium too, it needs a sibling ;) Err, lacking on the humor side! I know you said it didn't have to be a joke, and even though I am not actually a guy, here is a corny one everyone probably has heard, but I find it appropriate for plants ;)

A guy walks up to a mushroom sitting at the bar after noticing a sizable crowd of ladies about him all evening. Curious as to what was so special about this particular mushroom, he asked it, "Hey you! How do you get the ladies attention so amazingly? What is your secret?" The mushroom smiled, and replied, "Oh, well that is simple, I am just a Fun-Gi!" :)

Forgot to add! Here is my largest Pink Sundew baby <3
26637_472402912799479_396774023_n.jpg

Last edited:
lol, just read your post, if you have any other seed give aways or trades, feel free to PM me :)

lol, just read your post, if you have any other seed give aways or trades, feel free to PM me :)

Any seed giveaways I offer get announced in the forum as they come available. I don't pursue recipients nor keep a list of requests for stuff: it's first come, first serve.

Hey thanks Whimgrinder, I have a reasonable amount of experience growing Nepenthes seeds, I own a micropropagation lab and I have many thousands of seeds in vitro right now, and probably 400 or so that have germinated at the moment. I do a lot of conservation research, and well, I love Nepenthes! It takes me sometimes quite a while to respond to postings, I am very busy, but again thanks very much for your offer and if it still stands I would be interested and would be more than happy to send you back some seedlings either in vitro or explants once they have hardened off.

Hey thanks Whimgrinder, I have a reasonable amount of experience growing Nepenthes seeds, I own a micropropagation lab and I have many thousands of seeds in vitro right now, and probably 400 or so that have germinated at the moment. I do a lot of conservation research, and well, I love Nepenthes! It takes me sometimes quite a while to respond to postings, I am very busy, but again thanks very much for your offer and if it still stands I would be interested and would be more than happy to send you back some seedlings either in vitro or explants once they have hardened off.

Sorry, that offer was from September 2012; those seeds are long gone!

Back