What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for lots of mature Drosera sp. for a research project

Hey everybody, so I'm working on a research project surrounding the propagation via leaf cuttings of multiple drosera species, so far the only one that has been completed is D. capensis. I was hoping to repeat the experiment using D. burmanii, D. filiformis, D. indica, D. spatulata, and pretty much any species I can get my hand on. Basically, I am studying the effect of wounding, cytokinin, and auxin on plantlet production of leaf cuttings. I need 150 leaf cuttings for each species in order to do three replications of 50 cuttings each. So if anyone has extras of any of these plants that they would be willing to spare or loan for this project I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you only have one extra it will help. I need these plants asap so please post here or message me soon. If you send me plants and my experiment is successful which it definitely was with D. capensis. I wound up with about 200 plantlets and i'm lowballing that. I will send you some plantlets in a few months once they are established in exchange. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Hi Mcmcnair,
I can send you filiformis red if you still need it.

Hey everybody, so I'm working on a research project surrounding the propagation via leaf cuttings of multiple drosera species, so far the only one that has been completed is D. capensis. I was hoping to repeat the experiment using D. burmanii, D. filiformis, D. indica, D. spatulata, and pretty much any species I can get my hand on. Basically, I am studying the effect of wounding, cytokinin, and auxin on plantlet production of leaf cuttings. I need 150 leaf cuttings for each species in order to do three replications of 50 cuttings each. So if anyone has extras of any of these plants that they would be willing to spare or loan for this project I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you only have one extra it will help. I need these plants asap so please post here or message me soon. If you send me plants and my experiment is successful which it definitely was with D. capensis. I wound up with about 200 plantlets and i'm lowballing that. I will send you some plantlets in a few months once they are established in exchange. Thanks everyone!

I didn't think D. indica and burmanii could be propagated via leaf cuttings ???

I'll send you some D. venusta and sp. "South Africa".

@SDCPs, thats kind of the point of using burmanii and indica
@Catrus that would be great, I might have enough filiformis plants to do the experiment after receiving plants from you (keep my fingers crossed)
@Wire, how many venusta and sp. south africa do you have?

on another note I just started the experiment using D. spatulata
I've received around 15 filiformis plants from various people, I need a fair amount more in order to get 150 cuttings. It does not matter whether it is Tracyi, florida giant, filiformis red, or typical form. However, no hybrids are going to be used of any plants for this experiment. I really appreciate the generous donations I have received from the people that have already donated thanks everyone!

PM me your address please.

I have 3 mature ones of each species.

Back