What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh seed of Jatropha berlandii

Hi,

I got this plant at a trade show two years ago. It has done well, the caudex getting bigger, but the stem portion is smaller than last year. This season a seed pod was developing from spring flowers and yesterday it disappeared. I searched around and found two seeds. I think something ate the others and the rest of the pod. In the current drought critters are sneaking onto the patio and eating some of my cactus, and a few other things. If you wish to try them pick a # between one and thirty, and the closest will get them. No need for sase etc. I don't want to deal with pics now, but here is what the plant looks like...https://www.google.com/search?q=jat...&ei=6Dc6UNPyIMOq2gXY_oDwDA&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QsAQ The caudex is about the size of a large baseball. It looks pretty cool.

15...thanks!

7 -thanks for the opportunity

30, thank you kindly :)

See below.

Last edited:
D'oh! What wasn't I thinking? Thanks for the e-mail, Pearl.

5 Thank you very much.

--Paul

11 Thank you so much. This is on my wish list!!

Do you know how to identify Jatropha? I have one that I can't find on the internet.

Random.org gave me 20, so dionae gets them. There is still one more pod on the plant, and if nothing gets it I will send a seed to all the other folks here, assuming I get six, or as close as I can get. Addresses and TF name to my email if you would. gnixon@satx.rr.com. Thanks!

Sadly, once again something has eaten the latest seedpod, I was gone overnight Fri thru Sat and when I got back, the seed coats were on the ground and the seeds gone.
The plant is currently flowering again. Maybe I can protect the next pod in some way should it develop. As an aside, I got a red pepper a couple of weeks ago, and the seeds have ripened up. Somewhat of a novelty, called a peter pepper. Do a search to see what I mean, if you wish. Same deal as before, anyone who participated in the Jatropha seed giveaway and did not win is welcome to five or so of these seeds.

Back