User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: want to trade my peltata tubers for seedlings/plants anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

want to trade my hookeri (formerly peltata) tubers for seedlings/plants anyone?

Here is the deal...I always wanted to grow tuber and the opportunity came about before I can properly prepare for it....at first I thought about "winging" it but don't really see it being a success . I am gonna try to grow like 1-3 of them but if I am not successful I don't want to slaughter the lot of them however; I will be willing to trade them no reasonable offer refused unless I already have a bunch of something but even still I would take a capensis that could dwarf the ones I have if it came to that.

looking for sundew, vft, sarr, ping or ultric that can be grown either temperate or african type weather......may entertain sundew cuttings too.

Last edited by cpbobby; 09-07-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: title needs to be more specific

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to trade but all I have to offer is a large basal cutting, unrooted of N. red leopard
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id be willing to trade a tuber or 2 for a capillaris seedling or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please research plants before you acquire them. It will be greatly appreciated by both the person who sends you them and the plants.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you got them for free shouldn't you give them away...just saying.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize that it is wrong to enter a give away and then afterwards try to trade them out..especially trading one or two at a time as soon as you received them. Most of the people here do the give aways to help growers obtain plants that they want for their own collections. I appreciate that you feel you can't take care of them, but the time to research is before you enter. I had made a trade offer because I had orginally entered for these tubers and didn't win.
    The most appropiate thing to do would be to offer them up as a give away of your own. Good luck, but please think about whether or not you can deal with the plants before you enter give aways for them.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about that. didn't plan it that way. apparently they are harder to grow than I originally thought. Only issue I see is the temp but I am still encouraged to try them even with 70-80 degree temps. Some say they will deal and some say they won't. kinda back and forth about that and I didn't want to risk them all(only reason I am not just keeping them) In regards to the red leopard; if it were a lowland i would be all over it. I don't want to try to provide for something I don't have the conditions for/experience with; kinda how I ended up here to begin with. just wanted to clarify that im interested in either small or large trades. Your suggestion has merit however I do have interest in the lot of them and don't want to rightly go back on something I have agreed to. If for some reason it doesn't happen then I can't see why i couldn't give them away
    Last edited by cpbobby; 09-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, these are D. hookeri, not peltata, relable them... There is no excuse for calling them the wrong name, when they are listed under the correct one by the person who sent them to you..
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast