What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for Asclepias Purpurascens seeds

looking for Asclepias Purpurascens seeds

Beautiful plant. I've never seen it here, even though the map says it's here. Good luck!

aw man i wish you would have posted this just a couple months ago, it grows in huge fields mixed in with common milkweed but i don't think that there is a way to tell the difference between the two without the flowers

they have different shaped seed pods but you have to know the difference

ill look into it and maybe ill find myself in the woods some time. I'll let you know. how much are you looking for?

1 or 2 pods (or like 25 seeds)
a swamp milk weeks would also be loved

There is an Asclepias incarnata pulchra that has almost ripe seeds here. I am keeping an eye on it as I think it is even nicer than the regular A incarnata. I have the latter in my garden that is almost ripe too.

I would love some Asclepias incarnata pulchra , they will probably do great here with a little watering in the summer
pm me when there ready and I can send you postage
thanks

I will let you know when they are ready. Would be happy to share. Maybe trade for some seed of yours but if not postage is fine. What is your interest Asclepias? They are nice plants!

starting a butterfly garden and milkweed is going extinct in Oregon from all the herbicide that farms and loggers spray , the monarchs are having alot of trouble finding plants to lay there eggs on they only use milkweed, but im looking foe any butterfly plants I don't have

Mickey-
Please pm me your address. Seed should be ready very soon. -Chris

i pm ed you with the address thanks

Back