What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Sarracenia oreophila seeds

I live in Tennessee and I want to make a bog garden next year with carnivorous plants native to Tennessee. I also have some experiments I would like to preform while growing Sarracenia from seed. I also know that it would take 3-4 years to grow Sarracenia from seed to mature plant but I am hoping my experiments might speed that up a little.

I have read that it is illegal to sell or trade Sarracenia oreophila plants and seeds across state boarders but it is perfectly legal to send them as gifts. If someone in Tennessee has Sarracenia oreophila seeds or plants, pm me and we can discuss trades. If anyone outside of Tennessee has extra Sarracenia seeds they wouldn't mind parting with, I would be most grateful.

Are you a member of the ICPS? If so, the ICPS store currently offers S. oreophila seed for sale, available to ship to any state. (I believe they have a permit)

Send me your address. I have a gift for you.

Are you a member of the ICPS? If so, the ICPS store currently offers S. oreophila seed for sale, available to ship to any state. (I believe they have a permit)

Yes, the ICPS has the seeds in stock right now for only $4 I think.

They do attach a paper( a permit) that you must keep to proof that the seeds were legally obtained.

Good luck getting the seeds! :)

Becoming a member of the ICPS is on my "to-do" list but I can't do it right now.

Back