What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown ping, rooted ready to grow

Hi Folks!

Some time ago, a young fellow in my area gave me a bunch of cp's, mostly pings. This morning because of a watering accident (don't ask) I had to move things about and noticed that one ping in particular had made a couple of young en's and I though I would share one of them with you. If there is enough interest I might throw in the other one as well, though I was considering keeping it. I do have the mother though, so either way is cool. I rarely have cp's to throw into the ring so here goes... by the way this plant is un-id'ed and I sent pictures to PD'M and he said they looked like hybrids so no clear id possible.
So, wherever you go, there you are.

By the way, I don't do heat packs so if you are a winner you must let me know when it is good to ship weatherwise so you don't get a green icecicle.
For ease of operation how about you add your name in order numerically speaking - first person is #1 second is #2, etc. Winner(s) will be by random # generator.

Area where these are:
IMGP9109.jpg

Momma.
IMGP9119.jpg

Another View.
IMGP9120.jpg

and youngsters.
IMGP9118.jpg

If interested, post here and cross your fingers. When done, say about a week, winner(s) please contact me via email for details. gnixon@satx.rr.com.

I just thought about how to define "enough interest." Let's say if ten or more people post, then I will include the second plant. This is a total giveaway, I will get the postage via first class mail. If you want Priority and/or delivery confirmation, that will be on you.:) Good luck. Ciao!

Off topic, but in the back is that Heliamphora or Sarrencenia Purpurea?

1. afrodisa - to get things started

2. FloridaCP - Thanks!

Yessir, at the left rear of the black tub is a Heliamphora. Somehow, a green catapiller of some sort ate several of the leaves (partially but enough to pretty much ruin its appearance for a time) partially and it is starting to put out new shoots/leaves. Slightly in front of that and to the right is a Cephalotus. To the front left of that tub is a Sarracenia purpurea hybrid - other parent unknown. Next to it is a very peaked Drosera capensis and to it's right is a N. aristolochioides x spectabilis.

Pings can be hard to ID
So many look alike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. FloridaCP - Thanks!
3. Evil-Gnome / Thanx 4 the chance

2. FloridaCP - Thanks!
3. Evil-Gnome / Thanx 4 the chance
4. Shortbus - Thanks

Hi,

Decided to include both pings. Random.org first pass gave 4, second pass 3. So Shortbus and Evil-Gnome are the winners! Thanks for participating.

Back