What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmahanukwanzika/Holiday Seed Givewaway!

Thanks, MC! Can't wait to try these out.

Thanks, MC!!! New Year, New Seeds, Happy&Healthy&Lucky to all.

Cool, thanks!

This looks loke a cool species to try and grow. Thanks:-D

congrates to the winners, this looks like an awesome species to grow.

I've only received SASEs from Adnedarn, flasker, mato, and David F. so far. If you won please let me know if you've sent your SASE, if it is not in the mail by Saturday i'm going to pick other winners. Sorry guys...

I just received yours last night bioboy. I'll pm the other winners.

Ok, two of the winners still have not contacted me so they forfeit their prize. The two new winners are Pebes and vbkid! I'll pm you guys shortly.

I'll be sending out all the SASEs that I have received tomorrow, minus those of vbkid, pebes, justjack, and AshG2385 but I have heard from all of you. Just an interesting bit of information. In that small 1.5" x 1.5" bag there were a total of 4455 seeds that all came from one single fruit from this plant. So each winner will be receiving around 200 seeds each. I have no idea how viable these particular seeds are but I assume they are indeed viable. Happy Growing everyone!

Woot! Got mine today, man they are small for being such a huge (leaved) plant! Not what I expected, but I'm excited to get them started.
Thanks!
Andrew

I got mine today as well. There are so many! Can you post germination instructions?

I got the seeds too. Will germinate soon. Thanks again.

The best way to germinate them is just like germinating Sarracenia seeds, minus the stratification. sprinkle them on top of pretty much any peat based media and put them in a dome, bag, or anything that will raise the humidity and then mist the media everyday or have them in a tray of water to keep the media moist. They will sprout fast (within two months) and they will soon be too large for a small dome or bag just acclimate them to a sunny windowsill and at that point stop using a tray method and just keep the media moist but well drained. Come spring put it outside in full sun in a moist, well drained area with high organic matter soils. Hope that helps!

Got the seeds today! Thanks Mason!

Do you have any pictures of the parent?

i have germination!

Back