What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want Ampullaria!

Hey all! The first nepenthes I ever bought was an ampullaria from a website that often gets bad reviews on this forum and other, and is as I feared, on the decline. It was very unhealthy when it arrived as a teeny little plant and its one leaf has gone nowhere in the few months its been in my care and finally started to brown and curl. I've pretty much lost hope. :-( Even though I've gotten a bunch of other amazing neps since then that are thriving and pitchering happily in my conditions, I still really have my heart set on someday having a wonderful amp with a carpet of basils in a fat ceramic pot (mmmm I can practically taste it...). So if anyone has even a cutting let alone a small plant or otherwise I would be willing to trade something from my (fairly limited) collection so far. Or even order a new plant from your website of choice (if it's not against the rules). I can't find anywhere besides the original place I bought it that has any in stock, and I'm quite weary to waste another $30 so if anyone wants to be my hero and savior let me know :hail:

Also if you know of a site that has them in stock.... Holla!!!

If this is against the rules, could someone please tell me?
I do not want to get banned, but I know of a vendor that has them in stock and is pretty cheap with good quality plants.
I don't want to get banned for saying the vendor and promoting them though...
Am I allowed to PM the name to this person to help them in their search?
Thanks!

Personal messages are just that: personal. So fire away... Just my two cents.
If administrators dissagree, let us know...

What if the hypothetical vendor is hypothetically located in Thailand, and wants extra $$ for the needed certificates, and that effectively doubles or even triples the price of the item(s)? Are they not provided those locally, and are they something that is charged for, or is that simply a way to increase the profit margin? Just curious if anyone knows...

I have a few seed grown ampullaria. It's a horrible time of year to ship lowlanders though. I wouldn't feel comfortable shipping one until April at the earliest.

Sadly, my ampullaria isn't happy with me and at this point, and now consists only of the single middle rosette :/ Or I'd help out too, sorry...

I have some brunei red cuttings, but they're very slow to establish. I don't think they're ready to be traded yet. When the weather warms up let me know if you still haven't acquired one.

Thanks everyone. I have one coming in the mail today. I live in CA and its coming a short distance through only other warm weather areas so I'm not too worried about temps. Come spring if any of you guys still have any available I'd probably be interested. I just got the "lime twist" but I do want to collect multiple color morphs of ampullaria so I'm down! Thanks again for your offers :-D

Back