What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes adrianii Seed Giveaway

oh my god monkey cup you must really want these seeds... please make just one post though, this is pretty close to spamming which I think is against the rules on this forum.

As for my guess, Carinotetraodon travancoricus.

oi

don't know much about fish but.....

betta?......loach?.....eel maybe(not sure if it is a fish)?............Piranha? (I wouldn't mind those myself) lol :evil:

All great guesses but nobody has it yet.....................keep guessing...............

discus, cardinal tetras, galaxy rasboras, clown loach, L-46 zebra pleco, mbu puffer

Stingrays

BOOM ! Pablo's got it. PM me your address.

---------------------OFFER CLOSED-----------------

You can keep stingrays in fresh water aquariums?

You can keep stingrays in fresh water aquariums?

Yeah, there are many species from South America that are true freshwater species living in the Amazon and it's tributaries. Some estuarine species from SE Asia and Australia are also easily acclimated to fresh water.

There are many freshwater species of stingrays in the hobby. Potamotrygon species in South America and some interesting Himantura species in Asia.

These dudes also live in freshwater:

giant-stingray.jpg

Looks like a Dasyatis, one of the brackish species that enter freshwater.

Yes, IIRC they survive in both freshwater and brackish, but are fully capable of surviving and reproducing in freshwater.

Probably a bit big to be classified as an aquarium fish though.

It's a Himantura chaophraya.

The one that I've kept that's more aquarium friendly is Himantura oxyrhyncus since FW rays in the genus Potamotrygon are illegal in California.

I've only kept Potamotrygon. I've had P.motoro, P.reticulata, P.hystrix, P.castexii, P.tigrinis, P.leopoldii, P.henlei and one indentified species that may have been a hybrid between P.motoro and P.henlei. I think Potomotrygon are illegal in CA, TX and FL.

How come?

Getting way off topic but my favorites are Potamotrygon sp. "pearl ray" and sp. itaituba P14. My friends keep and breed them in the East Coast. So jealous...

BTW... Congrats Pablo!!! :)

Pearl rays are amazing. The mystery ray that I had looked very similar to them. Beautiful fish.

Back