What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is that exactly? BTW I'm getting a bunch of VFTs soon but not typical. Would you be interested?

What is that exactly? BTW I'm getting a bunch of VFTs soon but not typical. Would you be interested?

That's a medium large, south-facing grow table with a superstructure to hold window screen which will cut the scorching San Diego sun..it's a bit too bright sometimes. I'd rather have less color than too much sun.

I will trade for clones that are not deformed or do not grow prostrate all year. The "improvement" must either be in color or size. Color is preferred :)

do you have any S. Minor plants, instead of seeds? I have a small pot of FT seedlings almost 2 years old. They are in full growth right now. want a pic?

I have 2, I also have a bunch of minor seedlings that are in their 3rd year now. Sure I'd love a picture but it will be about 3 more years until maturity and I want mature plants.

TC really is the way to go for VFTs. I might get curious enough some day to do some TCing myself.

Updated list.

Who was the first to respond. I am happy though becuase i got a S. rubra and a S. alata :)

You. Congrats!!

Last year I did some trades to get rid of my flytraps after a particularly bad drought here in Texas. I have called it quits on outdoor growing for temperate CPs in favor of a tropical terrarium setup. I used the old pot to house some remaining Saracennia, but lo and behold, 5 or 6 flytraps came back from the dead over the fall and winter and have completely reestablished themselves. It's honestly a bit of a mystery to me because those rhizomes looked desiccated and dead when I inspected them at the end of the summer.

The pot housed three types: A few Czech Giants, Fangs, and far more numerous typical variety that I bought from grocery store several years back . I couldn't tell you what they are but I thought you or someone else here might be interested in a trade. They're not beautiful but they are resilient survivors.

Last edited:
You aren't kidding

Last year I did some trades to get rid of my flytraps after a particularly bad drought here in Texas. I have called it quits on outdoor growing for temperate CPs in favor of a tropical terrarium setup. I used the old pot to house some remaining Saracennia, but lo and behold, 5 or 6 flytraps came back from the dead over the fall and winter and have completely reestablished themselves. It's honestly a bit of a mystery to me because those rhizomes looked for desiccated and dead when I inspected them at the end of the summer.

The pot housed three types: A few Czech Giants, Fangs, and far more numerous typical variety that I bought from grocery store several years back . I couldn't tell you what they are but I thought you or someone else here might be interested in a trade. They're not beautiful but they are resilient survivors.

Last year was bad, quite bad. I almost forgot what rain looked like. Perhaps a few of your vft's might enjoy the drought at my place.:)

Last year was bad, quite bad. I almost forgot what rain looked like. Perhaps a few of your vft's might enjoy the drought at my place.:)

We get lots of sun, why I built the screen thing for the south-facing setup.

Hey Pealdiver. I wanted to send you a PM reply but your inbox is full. :)

If you have mature flytraps... the offer is still open...I'm getting my fill though thanks to one of my long time trading partners and several of you who spoke up. Just need a few more..

Back