0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You. Congrats!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I did some trades to get rid of my flytraps after a particularly bad drought here in Texas. I have called it quits on outdoor growing for temperate CPs in favor of a tropical terrarium setup. I used the old pot to house some remaining Saracennia, but lo and behold, 5 or 6 flytraps came back from the dead over the fall and winter and have completely reestablished themselves. It's honestly a bit of a mystery to me because those rhizomes looked desiccated and dead when I inspected them at the end of the summer.

The pot housed three types: A few Czech Giants, Fangs, and far more numerous typical variety that I bought from grocery store several years back . I couldn't tell you what they are but I thought you or someone else here might be interested in a trade. They're not beautiful but they are resilient survivors.
    Last edited by Roman Tyrant; 03-07-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You aren't kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Tyrant View Post
    Last year I did some trades to get rid of my flytraps after a particularly bad drought here in Texas. I have called it quits on outdoor growing for temperate CPs in favor of a tropical terrarium setup. I used the old pot to house some remaining Saracennia, but lo and behold, 5 or 6 flytraps came back from the dead over the fall and winter and have completely reestablished themselves. It's honestly a bit of a mystery to me because those rhizomes looked for desiccated and dead when I inspected them at the end of the summer.

The pot housed three types: A few Czech Giants, Fangs, and far more numerous typical variety that I bought from grocery store several years back . I couldn't tell you what they are but I thought you or someone else here might be interested in a trade. They're not beautiful but they are resilient survivors.
    Last year was bad, quite bad. I almost forgot what rain looked like. Perhaps a few of your vft's might enjoy the drought at my place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldiver View Post
    Last year was bad, quite bad. I almost forgot what rain looked like. Perhaps a few of your vft's might enjoy the drought at my place.
    We get lots of sun, why I built the screen thing for the south-facing setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldiver View Post
    Hey Pealdiver. I wanted to send you a PM reply but your inbox is full.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, room now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have mature flytraps... the offer is still open...I'm getting my fill though thanks to one of my long time trading partners and several of you who spoke up. Just need a few more..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234