What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email+Address.jpg

Please do not PM me. I will not respond. Instead, send an email to the address in the above photo with the subject as "Trade with __your name here__":

What I want:
Mature Typical Flytraps. I do NOT want multiple clones of the same plant. I want genetically different plants. Priority is given to plants grown from seed that are at least 3 years old because those are what I want, mature is better. I want to get many plants at once...I prefer big trades but will do small ones.

What I will trade (this is a general guide and will vary, subject to negotiation):

Seeds:

Drosophyllum lusitanicum (dewy pine), 6-10 per flytrap
Drosera hartmeyerorum (very, very rare in US) 20 per flytrap.
Drosera indica--scented, pale pink flower, from Australia...a bunch
D. sessifolia 45 seeds per
D. capensis from volgelgat, western cape province, south africa--bunch
D. natalensis from 2 clones
D. aliciae
D. venusta
Sarracenia alata-30 seeds
Sarracenia flava rubricopora x rubricopora-20 seeds per flytrap
S. flava mixed varieties 30
--Special sundew seed mix, 150 seeds or so, Varieties which contributed most to the mix are listed first. Literally hundreds of flowerstalks, collected from many different plants--at different times throughout last year's growing season (and refrigerated)--contributed to the mix. Something should grow for you!!:
Drosera capensis typical and from Volgelgat, Western Cape, South Africa (look very similar, you can't tell these apart.)
Drosera indica vigorous green scented form from Australia
Drosera capensis 'alba'
Drosera aliciae
Drosera spathulata "monster"
Drosera capensis "broadleaf"
Drosera burmanii from Hong Kong
Drosera venusta
Drosera natalensis-two forms
Drosera filiformis "Florida Red"
Drosera capillaris--from Tate's Hell Swamp, Franklin County, Florida
Drosera x transvaal
Drosera nidiformis
Drosera madagascariensis from Zimbabwe
Possibly traces of other varieties. Photos: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300866544749

PLANTS (per VFT):
D. capensis volgelgat as above
D. capensis alba
D. spatulata
D. nidiformis
P. lusitanica...maybe 2 of these.
D. x transvall (nidiformis x dielsiana)
U. gibba
D. aliciae

PLANTS (1 per 2 vfts):
D. binata var dichotoma (large)
P. gigantea (I have 2 clones for trade and can give you their history)
P. caerulea (from cross-pollinated seed)
D. venusta
S. alata greene co. Mississippi
S. rubra spp. rubra

Plants per 3.5:
medium N. alata 'Giant' x globosa

Some pictures:

Breathtaking drosophyllum:
DSCN0386.JPG

S. Rubras for trade:
20130223_131251.jpg

S. alatas for trade:
20130223_174304.jpg

One p. gigantea:
DSCN0359.JPG

D. aliciae:
D_+aliciae+flowering+forest.JPG

D. binata
Dichotoma+leaves.jpg

D. venusta
D_+Venusta.jpg

U. gibba:
U_+gibba.jpg

LET THE TRADES ROLL!
:lol:

Trades_.jpg

Last edited:
Makes me want to go to lowes and buy a vft. Very generous of you.

lol thats my U. gibba. It has location data: Sewanee, TN. Lake Cheston even.

lol thats my U. gibba. It has location data: Sewanee, TN. Lake Cheston even.

I don't remember trading with you. I do not know what you are talking about. It's just a bad photo I took. I have better but haven't uploaded them. I got 4 different u. gibba clones and they all look about the same. They ran together so I don't know which is which now.

Makes me want to go to lowes and buy a vft. Very generous of you.

No, really. I want to trade for VFTs. But getting one from Lowes won't work because they aren't usually mature. I don't need extra large, just a division of one of your mature flytraps that is mature itself. Do that for every unique flytrap in your collection and get some other stuff in return.

All right, thats fine. I had a different name then: sketch213. But its cool.

All right, thats fine. I had a different name then: sketch213. But its cool.

OK then, thanks for speaking up. Maybe we did trade, your name seems familiar but I cannot be sure at this point since I haven't kept any records (why bother?). Nice to know some of that U. gibba came from TN, thanks...wait, how did you send your gibba to me? I might remember you based on that...

But as I said before, I traded with...hey, I actually remember...flytraplady5 and jimscott and I believe someone else. So there's some other gibba in there at least, not totally yours you understand.

It was in a leaky Tupperware.

I hasten to add that I certainly don't have anything against you and if you have some VFTs for trade lets go on to round 2 :)

Unfortunately I don't any VFTs.

Makes me wonder. People don't grow typical VFTs anymore?

Maybe I have way more growing space than average :(

Its not that. I had to restart my collection and I'm just now starting the outdoor part.

lol TF isnt exactly the best place to look for dionaea... its full of <.< >.> nep people *shudders* lol I have some seeds for typicals that i amgoing to flask so ill have a bunch in acouple months if you dont have enough by then lol

lol TF isnt exactly the best place to look for dionaea... its full of <.< >.> nep people *shudders* lol I have some seeds for typicals that i amgoing to flask so ill have a bunch in acouple months if you dont have enough by then lol

I put this same post on FTC and it's generated even less attention there :-(

I put this same post on FTC and it's generated even less attention there :-(

*GASP*!!!!!!!!!!! Should try tcpf... and like i said, ill have a ton in due time if you're still looking :)

Would you TC some of my seeds for me? I'll have to wait till July or so but I was planing on growing some out in a self-watering, LED lit propagation chamber for 2 years until they needed dorm and then growing them outside, but TC so much faster. Just don't put that division chemical in there, I want 1 or so plants per seed :)

Of course you'll get some compensation for your efforts...unless you can pursuade me to get into TC myself. Might not be a bad idea for regia and chephs, for instance. I'll have ceph seeds come spring, maybe you want a crack at those.

Would you TC some of my seeds for me? I'll have to wait till July or so but I was planing on growing some out in a self-watering, LED lit propagation chamber for 2 years until they needed dorm and then growing them outside, but TC so much faster. Just don't put that division chemical in there, I want 1 or so plants per seed :)

Of course you'll get some compensation for your efforts...unless you can pursuade me to get into TC myself. Might not be a bad idea for regia and chephs, for instance. I'll have ceph seeds come spring, maybe you want a crack at those.

Yea definitely man. Whatever seeds you have I'd be glad to try and work with. Your best bet to contact me is either through my forum which I am on several times daily, or my email (wickedcarnivores at aol dot com). Both I will reply to very fast as I check them on my phone which is always in my pocket lol.

and yea the plants will definitely get much larger much faster in vitro vs normal planting. you can prob get mature flowering plants within a year.

Look what I just built!

20130302_175817.jpg

I need flytraps to put in it, hint hint ;)

Remember that I have these beautiful sarracenia Alata to trade. They are from Greene County, Mississippi. Mantids agree that they're nice:

Sarracenia+Alata-Greene+co_+Mississippi.jpg

DSCN0034.JPG

DSCN0033.JPG

do you have any S. Minor plants, instead of seeds? I have a small pot of FT seedlings almost 2 years old. They are in full growth right now. want a pic?

btw i have a **** load of flytraps.. i must be the only one :-/

Back