What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 5/29/2013: Still have some takaiensis seeds available for trade.

tokaensis.jpg

This plant.....

I have tens of thousands of seeds available for trade. Above is a picture of a few of the many parent plants that are constantly spraying seeds all over the place! If you have ever had success growing....anything....then you will have success with this plant. As you can see there are baby plantlets sprouting up EVERYWHERE. They flower constantly, self pollinate, and (for me) began flowering exactly 4 months after germinating.

These are growing in an indoor greenhouse of sorts, where the humidity stays 45 - 55% and the temps range from 60s at night to 90s during the day. 16 hours of artificial light daily. Growing in chopped sphagnum. You can pretty much grow them in anything acceptable for other CPs. They are NOT picky!

I don't know if this plant can handle frost / freeze. I've never let mine get cold.

Okay now for what I will consider:
(Seeds or plants, I don't care unless otherwise specified)

Nepenthes: any
Pinguicula: any, prefer tropical / subtropical / warm-temperate
Drosera: capensis and any other tropical / subtropical only. Not interested in any temperate that requires dormancy.
PM or post below, I don't care. Just make sure your inbox isn't full so I can reply to you! :p

Thanks!

-Will

Last edited:
Would you be interested in a N. mirabilis 'Hot Lips' cutting?

interested in Burmannii and tokaiensis seeds, can send you a few dews, including prolifera capensis typical and alba

I've got a flowering monster of a Drosera spatulata (four stalks), but despite having many months to grow, the buds refuse to open.

Last edited:
Would you be interested in B. liniflora seeds?

Check out my growlist, I can trade almost anything from that. Excluding most sarrs..

Inbox cleared

I still have some D. tokaiensis seeds available for trade.

Would.you be willing to have one tokaienses plant available to trade

Is Drosera tokaiensis a. perennial, unlike its (very) close relative Drosera burmanii? If so, I might be able to get you some typical flytrap seeds, assuming you're interested. I generally am not very fond of having to grow annuals over and over each year from seeds.

Is Drosera tokaiensis a. perennial, unlike its (very) close relative Drosera burmanii? If so, I might be able to get you some typical flytrap seeds, assuming you're interested. I generally am not very fond of having to grow annuals over and over each year from seeds.

Yes, it's a perennial. It's actually a self-fertile hybrid between spathulata and rotundifolia. It grows as a tropical / subtropical but can go dormant if given cool conditions. Seems to be bomb proof. It reproduces like an annual, dropping seeds literally everywhere and overgrowing every pot it's kept close to if you let the seeds fall.

But I am not interested in VFT seeds at the moment, I have about 1,000 typical VFT seedlings already.

Almost all my capensis flowers are closed, and some seed will be ready soon. I'd trade for some tokaensis.

Actually, I was thinking of Drosera sessifolia when I was saying things about very close Drosera burmanii relatives. But if you're not interested, that's okay.

Back