What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adrian Slack (and more) Pollen for SASE

Greetings all!

I think I am done playing Bumblebee for the season. I know we are getting a little late in the season (at least for CA) but if anyone wants some pollen, here is what I have left over:
- one packet S. x 'Adrian Slack' (Rob, you get first dibs here)
- about 4 packet S. leucophylla

Packets are not huge but should give you enough to pollinate a plant. Please only request if you have plants which are still receptive or about to become receptive. I don't think the pollen will still be good next season. Lets do the SASE thing (or shipping via paypal if that is easier).

S. x 'Adrian Slack' (assuming Rob does not take it)
1)

S. leucophylla
1)
2)
3)
4)

I may have some more- I'll check later and post back if I do. Gotta dig out the stock pile.

BTW, Pollen was collected within the month and has been in my fridge.

Edit:
Just for fun (and for purposes of crowd sourcing), I'll throw a couple of packets of Codariocalyx motorius (A.K.A. Desmodium gyrans) in there. If you request this, I only ask that at some point you come back and post your results here. I have had a hard time getting this plant out of the seedling stage. I can tell you what I have done so far and what has work or not worked.
1)
2)
3)

Last edited:
1) kinjie thanks if rob doesn't take it:).

S. leucophylla
1)
2)
3)
4)

I may have some more- I'll check later and post back if I do. Gotta dig out the stock pile.

How many seeds are in the Desmodium packs? I may be interested in a pack.

I'd really be interested in the S. Adrian Slack pollen.... sorry Kinjie!

How many seeds are in the Desmodium packs? I may be interested in a pack.

I was thinking about 10 or so. I have a small stock pile but it is running a bit low. I originally imported them for overseas like a year and a half ago. Last time I tried germinating seeds was about 6 months ago or so and I was still getting germ rates over 60% (off the top of my head, I think last time was about 75% germinated). So I am pretty confident they are still good. Awesome plant if you can get it going. I actually kind of like them over Mimosa pudica.

I PMed you. Now, if you get any really cool crosses- we all want to see pictures!

Edit:
Just for fun (and for purposes of crowd sourcing), I'll throw a couple of packets of Codariocalyx motorius (A.K.A. Desmodium gyrans) in there. If you request this, I only ask that at some point you come back and post your results here. I have had a hard time getting this plant out of the seedling stage. I can tell you what I have done so far and what has work or not worked.
1) Api
2)
3)

Thanks!

I think I am done playing Bumblebee for the season. I know we are getting a little late in the season (at least for CA) but if anyone wants some pollen, here is what I have left over:
- one packet S. x 'Adrian Slack' (Rob, you get first dibs here)
- about 4 packet S. leucophylla

Packets are not huge but should give you enough to pollinate a plant. Please only request if you have plants which are still receptive or about to become receptive. I don't think the pollen will still be good next season. Lets do the SASE thing (or shipping via paypal if that is easier).

1)

S. leucophylla
1) M Jacobs - thanks!
2)
3)
4)

Edit:
1)
2)
3)

Allow me:

S. leucophylla
1. M Jacobs

Desmodium gyrans
1. Api

No worries Rob! I hope you make some great crosses.

Alright, looks like you guys are it. When you get a chance could you PM your address to me and I will hopefully get them out today or tomorrow.

I am probably not going to keep anymore of my extra pollen around once I send off M Jacobs's, if anyone else decides they are interested in some Desmodium gyrans seeds, let me know! Great species!

Api, not sure if you have tried this species or not. I plan to compile my notes on what I have experimented with so far and the references I have used in case you might find them helpful. I am notoriously forgetful though, so feel free to bug me if I do not get them to you, might be a day or two. Of course, I am happy to share this information with anyone who wants it- might even just start a thread about it when I start some again :)

Desmodium gyrans
1. Api
2.hcarlton-I'll try a pack.

S. leucophylla
1. M Jacobs
2.planturd

S. leucophylla
1. M Jacobs
2.planturd

Hi Planturd,
I am sorry but I did not anticipate any one else requesting S. leucophylla pollen. As I was cleaning out my seed collection last night, I tossed what I had not already set aside.

Alright, pollen is in the mail! Best of luck!

Back