User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 23

Thread: Female N. ventricosa x talangensis Seeking Pollen!

  1. #9
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps this?
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/06/max-lowii-sten01.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #10
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Oh, there's no such thing as a pointless hybrid . Though if you do find pollen like spectabilis or similar, I'd definitely go with that, but there can be potential in anything.
    Alright, well I'll still keep it in mind for sure. Thanks for your offer! I can always do multiple pollens on the plant.

    Quote Originally Posted by dueoka View Post
    EP has made that cross with their red ventricosa and it is definitely not pointless!
    Pics? It seems like it would just be ventricosa with a flatter peristome to me...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Perhaps this?
    That's definitely cool! Is it in flower now or is the pollen already collected? Will it be viable in about a month or so?

  3. #11
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    That's definitely cool! Is it in flower now or is the pollen already collected? Will it be viable in about a month or so?
    That is N. maxima X (stenophylla X lowii), and it is in flower now; I am collecting pollen for the next few days. Refrigerated pollen, if stored properly dried, is viable for several months.

  4. #12
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    That is N. maxima X (stenophylla X lowii), and it is in flower now; I am collecting pollen for the next few days. Refrigerated pollen, if stored properly dried, is viable for several months.
    Alright, that should work. Would you want me to pollinate the entire flower stalk with it, or could I just pollinate like 1/2 of the stalk with it? I'd like to try to do a split if possible.

  5. #13
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,875
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Alright, that should work. Would you want me to pollinate the entire flower stalk with it, or could I just pollinate like 1/2 of the stalk with it? I'd like to try to do a split if possible.
    You can pollinate as many or as few flowers as you wish. The resulting seeds will be all yours, I dont have room for germinating more seeds. :-)

  6. #14
    East_to_west's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul I LOVE that plant! That photo is framed on my wall
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

  7. #15
    dueoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Arthur

    Growlist

  8. #16
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, might be worth a shot I guess. I'll get something that looks a lot like the vent x talang though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •