What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female N. ventricosa x talangensis Seeking Pollen!

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
This opened within the last week, just noticed it today (the leaf opened facing away from me)... Guess I better start the pollen search now to maximize my options lol.

dhak40.jpg

I got this N. ventricosa x talangensis in December of 2011 as my first Nepenthes. The pitchers are funnel/cone-shaped to an extent. The plant was producing 3-4" pitchers until recently and now it is producing near 6" pitchers. You can see the full plant in this video, just wait a few seconds for it to get started, it's the first thing I talk about...

I'm open to anything interesting, but I definitely don't want something like N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x talangensis)... N. talangensis x (ventricosa x talangensis) would be pretty sweet, and I'd love to get some spectabilis pollen if it is available. But if you have some pollen, be sure to let me know! 50/50 seed split as usual. :-D

Thanks for looking!

i really like the plantings on the outside of the greenhouse :) should be beautiful with time

I have a spathulata x spectabilis that I'm collecting pollen from right now if you'd like some. I have a few tentative pollen-trades going on right now but I think I'll have some leftover.

i really like the plantings on the outside of the greenhouse :) should be beautiful with time

Thanks lol! Hopefully they will be beautiful sooner than later. :lol:

I have a spathulata x spectabilis that I'm collecting pollen from right now if you'd like some. I have a few tentative pollen-trades going on right now but I think I'll have some leftover.

asdfghjkl; my least favorite species crossed with my favorite species... :lol: I'm torn. From the pics I've seen that might be okay. Thanks for the offer! Let me know when you know for sure you'll have enough left over to pollinate about 35-40 flowers. :D

Darn..... and all I have to offer right now is a bunch of N. ventricosa "red" pollen....

hcarlton, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find any other pollen. I just don't want a really pointless hybrid lol.

Oh, there's no such thing as a pointless hybrid :-D. Though if you do find pollen like spectabilis or similar, I'd definitely go with that, but there can be potential in anything.

EP has made that cross with their red ventricosa and it is definitely not pointless!

Oh, there's no such thing as a pointless hybrid :-D. Though if you do find pollen like spectabilis or similar, I'd definitely go with that, but there can be potential in anything.

Alright, well I'll still keep it in mind for sure. Thanks for your offer! I can always do multiple pollens on the plant. :)

EP has made that cross with their red ventricosa and it is definitely not pointless!

Pics? It seems like it would just be ventricosa with a flatter peristome to me...?

Perhaps this?

That's definitely cool! Is it in flower now or is the pollen already collected? Will it be viable in about a month or so?

That's definitely cool! Is it in flower now or is the pollen already collected? Will it be viable in about a month or so?

That is N. maxima X (stenophylla X lowii), and it is in flower now; I am collecting pollen for the next few days. Refrigerated pollen, if stored properly dried, is viable for several months.

That is N. maxima X (stenophylla X lowii), and it is in flower now; I am collecting pollen for the next few days. Refrigerated pollen, if stored properly dried, is viable for several months.

Alright, that should work. Would you want me to pollinate the entire flower stalk with it, or could I just pollinate like 1/2 of the stalk with it? I'd like to try to do a split if possible.

Alright, that should work. Would you want me to pollinate the entire flower stalk with it, or could I just pollinate like 1/2 of the stalk with it? I'd like to try to do a split if possible.

You can pollinate as many or as few flowers as you wish. The resulting seeds will be all yours, I dont have room for germinating more seeds. :)

Paul I LOVE that plant! That photo is framed on my wall :-O

Well, if so, I've got plenty for anyone who wants to experiment...... and those pics aren't half bad.........

Still looking for more offers. :)

Back