Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pawpaw Seeds

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be wrong, but I think what is commonly called pawpaw in the states is a diff species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i please have a packet? I want to try raising Zebra swallow tail butterflies and was actaully looking for a pawpaw plant or seeds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have pointed this out earlier, but I am giving away seeds for Asimina triloba. Is that what you are growing Adelea? I know Papaya is often called Pawpaw outside of the USA.

Yes you can Goodkoalie, just PM me. :P

Four packs of seeds to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Acro, AV8TOR1 has pointed this out to me, I was thinking Papaya, however I also have one variety of your Asimina plant (we call it false mango, I don't know where our name came from as I got my plant off a local fruit tree fanatic), I did not realise there where 8 types until AV8TOR1 sent me the link, its similar to a custard apple, we grow them all the same, as well as star fruit and star apple, also many citrus like these conditions, but I should add my Asimina is yet to fruit, its only 2years old so perhaps age is the reason, mangosteen is another that likes my listed conditions (the purple one not the false yellow)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh fruit, so many different types, so many yummy flavors!

4 seed packs left!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is Wednesday the 9th, I am closing this Saturday the 12th.
    Claim your seeds now!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno if anybody's seen this article but I think it's a killer read. I have thought for a while that pawpaws are one of the fruits that have lost their disperser. http://arnoldia.arboretum.harvard.ed...ticles/618.pdf

Just wanted to pop that in... don't want any seeds though. I've tasted pawpaws and they are kinda taste like if you ate a bell pepper that was stuffed with banana puree and massive seeds. Beautiful tree too!!! The bark is insanely tough and fibrous... you can rip it straight down the trunk in one piece. I made a hatchet using pawpaw bark as a binder and it worked great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12