What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seeds can take a couple months, patience is needed for them...

Eric, I soaked some of mine for 24 hours. one batch in RO water, the other in a Mixture of diluted superthrive. the superthrive soaked seeds seem to be the most swollen right now. I am hoping they will be the first to germinate.

Okay thanks. I know they take awhile to germinate but I'd like to know a general time frame for when this batch seems to be germinating to see if I'm figuring this out alright. Thanks for keeping me posted!

Hey guys! So I should have many more seeds available in the next week or two. And I recently pollinated the 19, 20, 21, and 22nd flowers that this plant has produced. Two with Whimgrinders lowii x veitchii x boschiana, one with his possible Tiveyi, and one with his possible ramispina x tobaica.

Imagine this
9431326173_60af58a007_b.jpg

Crossed with this
low.veit.bosc.jpg

and this
20120709-212802.jpg

and this
20130111-143945.jpg

Coming soon!
N. Rokko x N. mirabilis var. globosa
0411-3-3.jpg

and
N. Rokko x veitchii

Last edited:
Woo! It should be exciting to watch all these different crosses mature.

Can't wait to see the results of any of the "Wolfplant" crosses.

I may have had three germinate, but I'm not sure. I was seeding them the same time as I was seeding some Byblis and some fell into the Byblis pot, which is where the little sprouts are. It's too early to tell which they are.

Gexx, does Superthrive normally work for you? I have some, but I was worried about trying it.

The Tiveyi is the most amazing pitcher I have ever seen. Gorgeous coloration.

NatchGreyes, I have seen no ill effects from it. That being said, i have also not noticed any positive effect either. I have only very recently been using it regularly. i spray a diluted mixture of it once a week, or every other week now.

Correction to my previous post, the three sprouts are definitively Byblis seedlings.

Anyone have luck with germination yet? I'm new at Nep germination and just wondering. Thanks! - N

*bump*

@NatchGreyes I'm also new and I have been wondering...

Anyone get anything yet?

hcarlton confirmed some germination with the rokko x ventricosa seed. As soon as I find time I will list some of the rokko x veitchii seeds.

Did hcarlton do anything special to the seeds, besides just sew them? Just wondering if there's anything I can do to speed the process.

I'm having some issues pests in the pots into which they were sown. There are a bunch of small whitish little insects crawling around in them. I think they might be fungus gnat larva, but I have been treating for them for weeks. Any ideas?

Bio, no idea but try bayer 2 in 1, imidicloprid is the main ingredient. As for doing anything special I doubt it. I mist my pots which are covered in cling wrap once a week. It takes months not weeks for nepenthes seed to germinate, be patient and you likely will have germination.

Nothing special on the seeds, and I only have one so far, but where there's one, more should follow.

Okay, update on this: I have found 2 sprouts in the N. 'Rokko' x veitchii batch, so that's 2 crosses we know worked.

I have germination on my rokko x ventricosa, rokko x (thorelii x aristo), rokko x viking, and rokko x truncata. It seems that every cross has worked at least a little bit! Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!! Wish I had been one of the lucky ones. :-(

Back